Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2016

MAG5035

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a way to start a weekend!!  

That map is a BEAUT!!  Lookin like NAO may go neg as well, and a pig ridge out west....I'll take it !!

So is Rville Rothsville?

Nut

Rockville

That's not allowed. As a truck driver, I will only allow a MECS/HECS on the weekend when I'm safely sitting in my house and not out on the road... :P

Then you will be interested in the VD/PD date outlook :)

Unlike the January Blizzard, this looks to be much more complex. But that does not mean to say it is a tenuous set up. With the huge ridge out west to help, as we've seen in some past instances, the upstream helps the downstream set up by buckling the 500mb flow. The downstream NAO is slightly negative oscillation transitioning back to neutral or positive - that is a decent set up downstream.

The moisture tap from the STJ (tap rooting the ITCZ) has been pretty strong (all season really) and would also play a part.

As I said, many moving parts -- but with the cold almost a lock at this point. I believe we have a "game on" situation.

Rockville

Then you will be interested in the VD/PD date outlook :)

Unlike the January Blizzard, this looks to be much more complex. But that does not mean to say it is a tenuous set up. With the huge ridge out west to help, as we've seen in some past instances, the upstream helps the downstream set up by buckling the 500mb flow. The downstream NAO is slightly negative oscillation transitioning back to neutral or positive - that is a decent set up downstream.

The moisture tap from the STJ (tap rooting the ITCZ) has been pretty strong (all season really) and would also play a part.

As I said, many moving parts -- but with the cold almost a lock at this point. I believe we have a "game on" situation.

Show us some love .... :wub:

Rockville...isnt that where Bob Chill is from?

Nut

Nut

Not sure where r-Ville is from but yup. Bob is from Rockville. About 10 miles south of where I work in Germantown along the 270 corridor. Good spot last few years.

Btw, take a look through the next 5 days for Upstate NY thread. Posting pics from WNY. Tug was beautiful.

Nut

The signal remains strong - with the Ensemble spread suggesting an Apps Runner type solution. Verbatim, not good for frozen in a line s/e and along I-81 corridor as it runs through PA - but really good for CTP land and points west.

And as for my location, I live in Rockville, PA - and I-81 (as most of you know) is visible from atop my property along the Blue Mtn ridge.

Her ya go guys (and gals). I've been doing You Tube videos for awhile now giving folks a glimpse into my day as a truck driver showing where I go and what I encounter out on the road. Here is one from yesterday.

Im maybe weird but I found this enjoyable lol.

But man, you drive up to Massachusetts and back in a day? Yikes.

Im maybe weird but I found this enjoyable lol.

But man, you drive up to Massachusetts and back in a day? Yikes.

Yup...lol

I've even turned a 2 stop Albany, NY and Springfield, MA in one day. That one was cutting it close.

As for being weird, I don't think so. I've got over 500 subscribers. There's lots of people who enjoy watching trucker's videos. I'm just one of many who do them.

Yup...lol

I've even turned a 2 stop Albany, NY and Springfield, MA in one day. That one was cutting it close.

As for being weird, I don't think so. I've got over 500 subscribers. There's lots of people who enjoy watching trucker's videos. I'm just one of many who do them.

I can understand! At least you got to drive down through Harrisburg and Carlisle to see our snow depth Momday. And yeah GREAT JOB plowing West Virginia ...

We drive to Boston every summer for a baseball weekend, that stretch between Waterbury, Danbury and Hartford SUCKS. I concur wholeheartedly.

I bet you're not a big 81 around Harrisburg fan either if you hit it between 7-9 or 3:30-6:30 lol. Hopefully you never have to take 83!

I can understand! At least you got to drive down through Harrisburg and Carlisle to see our snow depth Momday. And yeah GREAT JOB plowing West Virginia ...

We drive to Boston every summer for a baseball weekend, that stretch between Waterbury, Danbury and Hartford SUCKS. I concur wholeheartedly.

I bet you're not a big 81 around Harrisburg fan either if you hit it between 7-9 or 3:30-6:30 lol. Hopefully you never have to take 83!

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I got that assigned to me on Friday night. It was an awesome trip!

I don't mind Harrisburg too much but I do usually roll through there off peak.

I-83 just sucks. Luckily I don't go to York much anymore.

The overnight models push threat after threat after threat and now support the Bering Sea Rule and the Typhoon Rule timing. The atmosphere is all charged up and looking very "phase worthy". Not all storms hit all of PA, but 2 out of 3 do hit most of PA.

And that is BEFORE a gorilla forms in the Gulf - which would time out to near or on PD (15th). Anyone up for PDIII? It has one of the strongest signals from the Bering Sea Rule - much the same as did the January Blizzard.

The snowfall total of the GFS up until the 15th - then an Ewall view of what if forming "down south"

post-2399-0-42219000-1454233766_thumb.pn

post-2399-0-11443200-1454233835_thumb.gi

Just getting caught up as we were out on the sleds w/ friends last evening, so no late night model watching for me.  Looks like a busy couple weeks w/ a better pattern and lots of opportunities.  Looking forward to it.

Rville...you just keep up the good work buddy.

Voyager...never knew you guys did that video stuff.  Now I know what a truckers view looks like.  Make sure you get some videos of hot lady friends in convertibles this summer ok??

Nut

Just getting caught up as we were out on the sleds w/ friends last evening, so no late night model watching for me.  Looks like a busy couple weeks w/ a better pattern and lots of opportunities.  Looking forward to it.

Voyager...never knew you guys did that video stuff.  Now I know what a truckers view looks like.  Make sure you get some videos of hot lady friends in convertibles this summer ok??

Nut

My father is/was a truck driver -- construction-based, tri-axle and he once told me about this guy he would see masturbating (sorry if that word offends anybody) in an intersection in Chambersburg. This isn't a one-and-done occurrence, this happened every-single-day.

Moral of the story: Nut's asking for pics of girls in convertibles. He's probably going to get pics of guys saying hai to their monster instead.

My father is/was a truck driver -- construction-based, tri-axle and he once told me about this guy he would see masturbating (sorry if that word offends anybody) in an intersection in Chambersburg. This isn't a one-and-done occurrence, this happened every-single-day.

Moral of the story: Nut's asking for pics of girls in convertibles. He's probably going to get pics of guys saying hai to their monster instead.

Well that just ruined it..... :banned:

Nut

Nut

post-2399-0-53700200-1454255176_thumb.gi

Not an easy nut" to track"  my friend

P.S. MillvilleWx, do you know when you might have a chance to update the snow contest rankings?

Hey Blizzard. I'll have the updated rankings next week. Sorry for any delay, but I'm currently on vacation and doing a ton of traveling. I'll have it all ready next week.

Staying on the topic, does anyone know where to get reliable KJST snowfall statistics? I'm having a bear of a time finding GOOD reputable data. Found some, but it's giving me a pain in my you know what. KUNV is tough too, but there's a Coop right there, so I have that data. Any help would be appreciated so I can update the totals correctly. ABE and MDT are easy.

To give a short recap, a lot of people are busting on both MDT and ABE, although the ones who were bullish are looking great. Still lots of time left across the board, but the ones who went hardcore are looking good. Like I said, full tallies and everything will be ready to go next week. And please someone give me a good spot for KJST data. PNS reports not helping on that front :/

Archived