• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12
WeatherFox

1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

I know I'm way south of you guys, but this banding down south is no joke. 

c13d8ccfc8323e7647bfb87031dfa83a.jpg

If you've been in 1996, 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2010 then you'll recognize this by the time it gets to you

We have 3"/hr with Blizzard Conds. 

We may lose power. One of the many probs with PA 

I guess the next question is, How far north does this get before the pivot starts, and where does the CCB setup

...and what about that dry slot?...wonder how that will play out?

I cannot describe the conditions here.

We have a hard time seeing the next building across the street.

I 'd have to say a 12"+ estimate is safe right now.

I'd be very surprised if NJ and NYC didn't get some of this

The visibility has been low here since that first heavy band came in around 330am. It probably will only get worse.

I guess the next question is, How far north does this get before the pivot starts, and where does the CCB setup

Watching the northern edge near / north of I 80. It seems the arch shape will eventually define the northern drop off. Looks to me it will rotate to just about the I 84 corridor give or take 5-10 miles. Best extended band / CCB will then likely by right across NYC and parts of NNJ into Central NJ and arch SW from there.

Been sitting under an awesone band in Morristown since I woke up about a half hour ago. Just ripping out there, eyeballing at least 4" down & that may be conservative. Amazing.

I don't know how you all are measuring anything. The wind is whipping here. As soon as the snow plows come through, the wind blows snow over the roads again.

Watching the northern edge near / north of I 80. It seems the arch shape will eventually define the northern drop off. Looks to me it will rotate to just about the I 84 corridor give or take 5-10 miles. Best extended band / CCB will then likely by right across NYC and parts of NNJ into Central NJ and arch SW from there.

The dry air up here, courtesy of a northerly wind, has been ripping whatever snow makes it up here to shreds. I think this next surge might make it here, but it's clear that this area will struggle to reach significant totals (which we all expected anyways).

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=ENX-N0Q-1-48

wow the main focus of intense banding is really rocking us in the city right now.also of note the northerly movement has really slowed down,anyone under that initial band and south of it will prob get the highest totals since the forcing is so great right at the gradient.dry air in south jersey and dry air at pou,city right smack in the middle! :snowing:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: