• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

wut?anyways in good news dept Euro ens mean is 4-8 across Ct not Ryans .5 for the next threat , lets hope that holds or even builds. One storm at a time this year, volatility was the call. More good news new GFS para is pretty stout with the ULL snows , at least a couple of inches, man heckuva a classic text book PWM INVT too, That sig has been there for a long way out (Debbies will doubt but its been there in some shape or form)

Hope you are right.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is how i read

And in the more good news dept, Euro ens have another threat at the end of the 14-15 day period which Ens wise drops even more snow across New England, by the end of 15 days there is 12-18 across NNE and a good 5-10 across SNE according to Euro ens means that is. In fact the best look snow wise of this season. so people want to say there is nothing to look forward to are basing it on emotions not Ens forecasting. this is what it shows just reporting and this is not for the MA

Yea 32-38ish is now el torcho, thats what Euro Ens and GEFS have have, just saying. And we get accused of hyping cold, lol 

hyping? not really. 

just trying to infer a little bit based on the look. the return of the +ao/nao and flatter conus flow is likely going to mean AN. i don't really think that's hype. nothing in what i wrote implied it's going to last til May...but seems fair chance milder times are coming to close out the month / start off february. 

hyping? not really. 

just trying to infer a little bit based on the look. the return of the +ao/nao and flatter conus flow is likely going to mean AN. i don't really think that's hype. nothing in what i wrote implied it's going to last til May...but seems fair chance milder times are coming to close out the month / start off february. 

El torcho in the headlines dude , your column was excellent but cmon really be honest. I agree with the pattern relax but certainly would never refer to that as #eltorcho.

Some of these a$$ clowns getting on me now are going to be the same ones hounding people to interpret models for them.next weekend.

Then if we get 15", its all of sudden "great job", even though I have already nailed that patter thus far....and I do mean, absolutely nailed.

Sorry we got porked by unfortunate spacing of shortwaves.

Jesus.

Some of these a$$ clowns getting on me now are going to be the same ones hounding people to interpret models for them.next weekend.

Then if we get 15", its all of sudden "great job", even though I have already nailed that patter thus far....and I do mean, absolutely nailed.

Sorry we got porked by unfortunate spacing of shortwaves.

Jesus.

Relax man its all good, when you are out there in the public you are going to get it from all angles. At least you are doing it without hype unlike some who get paid to do it.

Relax man its all good, when you are out there in the public you are going to get it from all angles. At least you are doing it without hype unlike some who get paid to do it.

I'm relaxed.....but some people wonder why 90% of the board population sits on their hands come outlook time.

I'm only predicting normal snowfall, which still has a very good shot of verifying.

Actually I'm wondering if Alex has any influence on this pattern reversal. Looks to be heading toward the eastern arctic in the long range.Maybe

Maybe Tip will give us a long dissertation on how this will change the upper air patterns leading to a full scale blizzard within the next 10 days, lol.

Its Jan 13th, Ryan cancelled winter, hes whacking to Hodographs already. Can't make it up

I didn't cancel winter and I also didn't make a long term forecast - I honestly could care less what happens beyond D7.

I'd like a snowstorm - and this period certainly had a whole lot of potential but we've gotten screwed so far. What can you do. 

Sitting here and posting about how great things are/look just is weird. 

Maybe Tip will give us a long dissertation on how this will change the upper air patterns leading to a full scale blizzard within the next 10 days, lol.

Haha maybe. In all seriousness though has anyone put any thought into how the remnants of a hurricane moving into the high latitudes, might affect the pattern. I mean that's gonna be one hell of a storm. Maybe it's nothing. I don't know.

Its Jan 13th, Ryan cancelled winter, hes whacking to Hodographs already. Can't make it up

If I fail miserably the second half, I will be the first one to admit it and congratulate those like Kevin.

But that time is nowhere near here.....that is what irritates me.

I have a hard time calling the outlook a failure because three SWs were out of sync when we have yet to even start the official second half.

If we haven't scored within a month, sure....doubt away.

If I fail miserably the second half, I will be the first one to admit it and congratulate those like Kevin.

But that time is nowhere near here.....that is what irritates me.

I have a hard time calling the outlook a failure because three SWs were out of sync when we have yet to even start the official second half.

If we haven't scored within a month, sure....doubt away.

:weenie: alert GFS 12Z para http://mageval.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=207ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F12%2Fgfs_namer_207_precip_p48.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=precip_p48&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20160114+12+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=area

Archived