• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

I like seeing the repetitive Pac S/W strikes on the WC.   Part of me actually likes it when good things happen :)    ...they need the rain out there.  And while not exactly a fire hosing pineapple express, those should incur pwat PAC air masses right upright against those striations of elevations where they need it so desperately.  Particularly the GFS oper., it's been modeling about a 2 day periodicity in potent wave train..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All joking aside, Euro ensembles are a bit cooler for mid-month today.

Maybe some powderfreak frolicking possible? We'll have to see over the next couple days if they want to press in a couple of those colder airmasses more. Still out in the D10-12 range though.

Approach double digits by mid-Month? How much precip do you average in the first two weeks of November?!

YTD I would assume.  Still trying to figure out how I got almost 2.5 to 3 inches more qpf than BOS and PVD from Jan to end of March, thats my Cocorahs and the North Foster Coops record too , I think asos missed  a lot 

YTD I would assume. Still trying to figure out how I got almost 2.5 to 3 inches more qpf than BOS and PVD from Jan to end of March, thats my Cocorahs and the North Foster Coops record too , I think asos missed a lot

Yeah but the deficits YTD are 5-6"...and if he's getting near double digits by mid-month, he's gotta accumulate another 4-5" of deficit. And I'm sure he doesn't average that much in two weeks in November. So even if it was totally dry, we may add another 1-2" to those deficits?

Yeah but the deficits YTD are 5-6"...and if he's getting near double digits by mid-month, he's gotta accumulate another 4-5" of deficit. And I'm sure he doesn't average that much in two weeks in November. So even if it was totally dry, we may add another 1-2" to those deficits?

He was talking about BOS. You know how everything is always Boscentric. They are a -8 YTD

I'm sorry, that is not a warm setup. It may not be ice for us, but that would be close for at least CNE and a nasty cold rain for us.

f240.gif

Hypothetical... But, that sort of scenario almost always would verify colder in the lowest levels right out below the 925 mbar that's one hell of an ageo signature there. Is Southeast can could lay on a snowpack prior lookout. I'm just happy to have anything like that on the charts given his telecon spread

love how much qpf they missed measuring this winter and no one batted an eye. The amount of weather data collection in this country filled with inaccuracies is glaringly unacceptable.

Well I mean just regular qpf. They always seem lower than anyone else around them. I don't know why. I find it hard to believe it's coincidence, but I can't prove it. Just a bit of a head scratcher.

love how much qpf they missed measuring this winter and no one batted an eye. The amount of weather data collection in this country filled with inaccuracies is glaringly unacceptable.

Its definitely low on liquid...undercatch without a doubt.  A more sheltered area probably doubled the liquid in some of those storms.

20 years from now some folks on a weather board will argue about the ratios during that whole time period.  The data says one thing, reality might say another?

Its definitely low on liquid...undercatch without a doubt. A more sheltered area probably doubled the liquid in some of those storms.

20 years from now some folks on a weather board will argue about the ratios during that whole time period. The data says one thing, reality might say another?

just look at the w/e in March on NOHRSC, pretty obvious when nothing melted and w/e were greater than asos totals.

Even if that system ends up cutting, the ensembles support a period of colder weather behind it that looks like several days. Definitely a bit colder than it looked a couple days ago.

Yeah probably a split flow look. Lower heights across CA and down south.  Still some low heights over AK providing a zonal flow across Canada, although that low seems like it's slowly lifting.

And actually looking closer at H5...there is troughing off the East Coast.  Weak signal, but it's a more classic split flow look from lower heights in AK, troughing in CA, but more ridging or zonal flow across Canada. I wouldn't call it cold or wintry by any means..but might be more conducive for a coastal or two down the road?

Archived