• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

just running some quick math those numbers don't add up. Just what we got over the last 6 years and march 93 it's not adding up, I'm not even including Jan 96 or the mid/late 80's winters.

Perhaps they averaged in this season all ready and it knocked the average down? :)

Wow...I'm just not feeling the love.  Still give it less than 50% chance of a major snow the rest of the month. Regarding February, it very likely will be milder than January so it probably will not salvage the season either.

(Here at my Michigan residence..beautiful wind blown snow this morning and stranded at home with nothing to do but watch it fall!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR is still going with few afternoon flurries for border counties and maybe even Asheville. Probably minor accumulation in high elevation areas between AVL and Boone.

Yep moisture looks decent I guess lol. I think Asheville sees a brief snow shower between like 3-5pm. Who knows though.. More NWF looks possible Friday night into Saturday.

I also haven't given up on the Sunday storm. We sit in a good spot guys, and I think the models are finally getting a grip.

I would be cautiously optimistic about out upcoming storm chances. You just never know about these systems. The strength, the cold , and the track. Remember last year's storm looked great but was not nearly as strong. Let's get this in 2 days under. Let's see what the models say Friday then maybe we can get a little more optimistic about things. Until then we watch and wait.

It would be mass hysteria if the gfs lost the whole storm. I would be pissed but it would be funny.

Yea people are already getting close to the cliff, that would push some over it.. I really wouldnt be surprised if we get shutout in the foothills and piedmont 

Yea people are already getting close to the cliff, that would push some over it.. I really wouldnt be surprised if we get shutout in the foothills and piedmont

Shoot iv been thinking we may get shutout the way things have been going. It's funny watching the main thread people trying to talk themselves into wanting to really believe the gfs but knowing how many times the gfs has burnt them in the past. It's just so hard to get a great storm in the SE.

Shoot iv been thinking we may get shutout the way things have been going. It's funny watching the main thread people trying to talk themselves into wanting to really believe the gfs but knowing how many times the gfs has burnt them in the past. It's just so hard to get a great storm in the SE.

If you look at one of my posts in the climatology topic you will see how a lot of our winters are similar one season to the next season as far as snowfall is concerned. Many times a snowless winter will breed another one its happened 5-6 times the past 30 years. I truly believe there is weight to the notion of snow droughts regardless of patterns and indices.

i'm praising the GFS right now. i'm so tired of being shutout i'm going extreme against the Euro lol.

*Edit* Not something I recommend.

Archived