• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

look at the webcam, it's bad down there. There's no way you would make it down there right now even with Rex Ryan's truck. It's a complete and total whiteout down there right now

It's tempting man..

This band will not make it to Buffalo, and anyone thinking otherwise is in for a dissapointment.  The band may make it that far North and pass it, as the SW comes into play Tuesday and winds start to back ahead of the potent SW, after that WNW winds prevail through at least Wednesday evening then the band swings North again in response to ridging building from the western great lakes.

:lmao:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This band will not make it to Buffalo, and anyone thinking otherwise is in for a dissapointment. The band may make it that far North and pass it, as the SW comes into play Tuesday and winds start to back ahead of the potent SW, after that WNW winds prevail through at least Wednesday evening then the band swings North again in response to ridging building from the western great lakes.

dont know where your getting that from, the band will most Definitley lift north into Buffalo and even further north by this afternoon/evening hence why the NWS has a lake effect snow advisory in effect for this evening.

dont know where your getting that from, the band will most Definitley lift north into Buffalo and even further north by this afternoon/evening hence why the NWS has a lake effect snow advisory in effect for this evening.

Read my post again!  I said it would lift North in response to the potent SW dropping in from the upper Great Lakes and pass right through.  I dont care what the forecast says from KBUF!  Pattern recognition prevails over models every time and I'm not arguing, just stating my opinion, and if I'm wrong I can take as I'm a big boy!  

Been watching these bands for 15 yrs now and its not a good set-up for KBUF, Southtowns a different story as is always the case!

Wow those clouds just south of me are dark. I have off of work today so may chase in a little bit, only have to drive 5-10 minutes.

I'm going to do a quick chase also using the thruway, btw travel warning just got issued for Dunkrik.

DUNKIRK, N.Y. (WIVB) — Dunkirk Police have issued a travel warning for the City of Dunkirk due to weather and road conditions.

Police say travel should be for emergencies only.

Snow plows and emergency vehicles will be able to navigate roadways easier if vehicles are kept off the roadways.

East of Ontario needs to keep a look out for that intense band coming off of GB, cause once those two hook up, look out!  Seriously, that band in SO.Ontario, just North of the lake, is even more impressive than whats going on down here.  Models are doing a fairly good job with the placement of the plumes as well.  

Further review of WV imagery, depicts the GB plume already seeding the Ontario band as it settles South right into the heart of the TUG and Obviously points East, actually very far East, perhaps as far as the VT border later this afternoon.  Very impressive set-up for early-mid Jan, thanks to the anomalously warm Fall which kept the Lakes a good 5-10F above the norm.

There should be some impressive totals in both WNY/CNY by the end of the week, ending Sunday with perhaps a significant synoptic event for the weekend then another round of heavy LE.  Welcome 2016!

Congratz on the snow, wish I could be there to check out one of those events.

Thanks Josh, good luck with your event up there as well, should be a good one!

Latest update on band placement.

..A BAND OF HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL IMPACT NORTHEASTERNCHAUTAUQUA...WYOMING...NORTHWESTERN CATTARAUGUS AND SOUTHERN ERIECOUNTIES...AT 844 AM EST...A BAND OF HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW PRODUCING SNOW FALLRATE OF 3 INCHES PER HOUR OR MORE WAS LOCATED FROM DUNKIRK ANDSILVER CREEK EXTENDING INLAND ACROSS SOUTHERN ERIE AND WYOMINGCOUNTIES. THIS BAND WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY THROUGH LATEMORNING WITH JUST A SLIGHT NORTHWARD DRIFT.WINDS IN EXCESS OF 30 MPH ARE POSSIBLE NEAR THIS BAND OF LAKE EFFECTSNOW WHICH WILL PRODUCE SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

Heavier rates are closer to shore. Should drive down southwestern or route 5. Want to meet up I'm heading out soon.

Stay on the main roads, a lot of side roads have over a half foot of unplowed snow, I'm currently on 62 north near Eden and it's starting to get bad.

********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************

LOCATION STORM TOTAL TIME/DATE COMMENTS
SNOWFALL OF
/INCHES/ MEASUREMENT

NEW YORK

...CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY...
SILVER CREEK 7.0 955 AM 1/11 TRAINED SPOTTER

...ERIE COUNTY...
EDEN 8.0 1000 AM 1/11 TRAINED SPOTTER

...JEFFERSON COUNTY...
LORRAINE 12.0 1005 AM 1/11 TRAINED SPOTTER

...LEWIS COUNTY...