• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

I am very confident someone sees 40" off Ontario with that Georgian Bay connection by Tuesday afternoon. Looks utterly perfect. Even the 4km NAM spits about over 2" of QPF with this, and I'd be ratios are going to be a bit better than 15:1. Only wish I could be there to see it happen!

Yeah man, sorry the timing didn't work for you to be there, I'm sure you'll get plenty more events as winter actually arrives tomorrow and going forward.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait and see time now... Finally some excitement as we really get into the meso time range... Look at that upstream connection for the Ontario band. Looks like a pounding Monday morning. Erie band not so impressive... ed5996c342a74098897aecf15e0f6564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's showing up nicely on all the mesoscale models, i wonder if BUF will have to increase the snowfall amounts for those areas?

2w1weph.png

For us non-lake effect areas of Upstate NY, it looks to be more of the same.  Heavy rain today, followed by cold and dry through the week. Maybe some light snow from the clipper and any rotting lake effect bands that make their way across the Mohawk Valley.  It will be a shock to the system if winter does return to these parts before Spring!  Looking forward to seeing reports from you guys near the Tug or south of Buffalo this week.

For us non-lake effect areas of Upstate NY, it looks to be more of the same.  Heavy rain today, followed by cold and dry through the week. Maybe some light snow from the clipper and any rotting lake effect bands that make their way across the Mohawk Valley.  It will be a shock to the system if winter does return to these parts before Spring!  Looking forward to seeing reports from you guys near the Tug or south of Buffalo this week.

Euro did have a nice Miller B snyoptic system next weekend, we are definitely due for one soon.

Really pumped for this event off Ontario. Gonna try and chase this one later this week into this weekend (I know most of it will be over by then) but I'm having trouble finding may spots on the Tug to stay, particularly around Redfield. When I chased last month I stayed in Pulaski which was nice because they have amenities within walking distance of the hotel, however I wasn't in the bullseye being at a lower elevation , with the Tug 30 miles east seeing triple the amount I saw, but for this one Id love to be in the thick of the event near Redfield. Anyone know of any spots I could stay this weekend? Hotel, cabin, private house? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Archived