Newest Member
    joxey
We hoist, huge drought busting rains with potential coastal flooding. Sep 29-30

Ginx snewx

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro's difficult to explain... 

These trends today clearly appear similar to the 12z run yesterday, yet since then, the Euro has abandoned and I can't find a model that really does what the Euro does.  Maybe there is a wayward ensemble member somewhere but - 

the big question is how well the steering levels are being handled wrt to the trough amplifying near the TV region and how it kisses in with the west Atlantic ridge.  Said ridge is imposing about -2 SD easterly anomalies....might not be enough to really induce a hard left turn alone, but should that mid and u/a vortex really do all that, the two together may enforce a capture.  

In truth, there are more than enough Euro EPS members that show an East Coast landfall, that the op shouldn't be taken as gold. A quick run through would suggest more than half make landfall somewhere between CHS and EWB.

In truth, there are more than enough Euro EPS members that show an East Coast landfall, that the op shouldn't be taken as gold. A quick run through would suggest more than half make landfall somewhere between CHS and EWB.

Yeah I don't have access to those, but that's good to know!  

Would it be safe to say the Euro op. is an outlier or is that too strong. 

That has been a common theme I have noticed. You have this LLJ, meso low aided by convection ahead of the cold front...that's part of the reason why i was wondering if we would see a second QPF max. Just seems like if you have a s/w to help out, you can get these latent heat lows from convection like we see now. 

Archived