12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Fall color 2015 thread

michsnowfreak

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another round of 30-40mph winds here today, and more tomorrow ensures a crappy year for color around here.  There's either green trees or bare trees for the most part at this point.  Might have to go for a drive one of these days to get out of this area and find some better color.

Same here. Every time a variety of tree starts to look beautiful, ANOTHER windy day comes and knocks them down, leaving green. I don't think it's just your area. I was down in Indiana this weekend and it was pretty much the same thing. Green or bare trees with a few colors mixed in. Not a good fall for leaf peeping...but there are still pretty colors when you look around.

Birch trees just stripped in mby. Went from green to bare. At least I haven't had to mow the lawn.

The rain from a few days back didn't seem to have much impact on the lawn here.  Wondering if the back to back hard freezes knocked off the grass for the season.

Took a few shots earlier this afternoon before the rains moved in.

muu135.jpg

rkn11h.jpg

Today was one of those days where you realize its a damn shame the peak beauty of Fall is so short. The colors of the trees and the blue of the sky were absolutely top notch. Went on a little Fall color train ride on the Southern Michigan railroad. Half of the beauty was the drive through the country to actually get to the railroad.

4444-800.jpg

4445-800.jpg

4446-800.jpg

4447-800.jpg

4448-800.jpg

4449-800.jpg

4450-800.jpg

4451-800.jpg

Archived