joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 20-21 and June 24-27 Heavy Rain/Severe Threats

Hoosier

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that really necessary? Not like nobody has been getting anything.

I'm just saying ILX area has been under the gun a lot in the outlooks but nothing has really materialized so far this season when being placed under a enhanced risk....DVN/LOT is a different story as we've all seen the past couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I'm just saying ILX area has been under the gun a lot but nothing has really materialized so far this season when being placed under a enhanced risk....DVN/LOT is a different story as we've all seen the past couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone 6

If the area has been "under the gun", but nothing happened, how is that SPC's fault?

This evening's incoming NAM says main show tomorrow is focused on IA with any remnants of a MCS tonight from southern IA dying off before reaching Chicagoland.  Then a new MCS forms late evening and crashes into Chi town overnight.   This is based on reflectivity.

Basically shows the MCS forming right on top of me.  Oh yes, the NAM 4k also shows two derechoes merging into one in northern Illinois.  Is that even possible?

Upon closer examination of the previous NAM runs, it shows storm initiation along highway 20 with the storms quickly congealing into a derecho in eastern Iowa during the late evening.  I definitely smell a moderate risk coming for much of eastern Iowa and northern Illinois.  Not what I wanted to see.

Archived