joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Tropical Season Thread

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFDL has not been a complete disaster, it caught onto the intensification of Danny but the HWRF was the first to catch Danny's RI.  EURO and GFS were disasters with that hurricane.  Also you can put the whole Global model suite into that category with Danny.  Also they have been all over the place recently with Erika showing millions of different combinations of solutions.  So no model has a direct ability to see the future yet.  Maybe not ever, but I would rely more so than not on the GFDL on max intensity potentials and Erika has that with a large upper level anticyclone present over the Bahamas and dying shear around Erika presently I think models have a bad idea with the shear currently around Erika, I don't think its as strong given the outflow pattern around her now.

Nah, it could skirt it with a center that is not very developed and then fire up over Bahamas. I'm not suggesting following the spine of mtns.

Those mountains are almost double the height of mt Washington.

I agree a quick skirt over the NE tip isn't curtians. But a trek down the spine and it's over. I'm going back down to 30% chance of complete dissipation from 50% earlier

This system sucks, and will suck.

It was apparent things were trending in this manner for the past couple of days, but most tried to turn a blind eye to the empirical onslaught of ennui.

I wish that island would float away.

It had a chance if it didn't keep heading west. But right now, looks rather pedestrian.

The main thread is as listless as the system itself.

Atleast with Erika's possible demise the cocka-roaches have fled, frivolous pitch by pitch comments have been squelched. Surprised the main thread was not moderated.

Well down here it still has to be watched closely. In some unlikely event the MLV stays intact emerges N of HISP the dis-organized blob can intensify. The water temperatures are in nitro-degree range.

Time to start building an Ark...    

Atleast with Erika's possible demise the cocka-roaches have fled, frivolous pitch by pitch comments have been squelched. Surprised the main thread was not moderated.

Well down here it still has to be watched closely. In some unlikely event the MLV stays intact emerges N of HISP the dis-organized blob can intensify. The water temperatures are in nitro-degree range.

Time to start building an Ark...    

drought cancel, its a good water supply storm AMOUT

Haven't seen radar or recon reporting, but at this hour?  hi res vis imagery exposes what looks more to be just a potent open wave at this point. 

Which is funny in way because it was the simmering concern that the islands of PR and H would be inhibitors ... but it might just be shear stress all along.  

In any case, it's just difficult to discern much of any closed circulation with this thing for the time being.  But then again, as they mentioned in the 11pm last night ( haven't seen any since and judging by the integrity of it, no need to - ha) it's open organization probably means it manufacturing multiple small gyres.  A couple of them were indeed seen pseudo -ejected over the last couple of days.  It's just that this morning I can't even see those - maaaybe a weak one just S of Hisp. with like zippo cumulus.  

I'm actually getting more impressed with the wave about to leave Africa... It maintained deep convection through two diurnal cycles, and has clear suggestion of closed circulation prior to even leaving the continent.  Maybe worth watching, as some of the models did have additional spins behind Erican't

GOM is hostile, too I guess.

Next....

Ha haa...

nice.  yeah... seen better prospects despite the hoopla the models were previously seelin' - no doubt.  

Look east though... For the general reader: keep in mind that September is the bigger part of the seasonal bell-curve in frequency. The apex of the frequency curve lands on ...Sept 12 I think ?  anyway, it's still just barely too early -

Ha haa...

nice.  yeah... seen better prospects despite the hoopla the models were previously seelin' - no doubt.  

Look east though... For the general reader: keep in mind that September is the bigger part of the seasonal bell-curve in frequency. The apex of the frequency curve lands on ...Sept 12 I think ?  anyway, it's still just barely too early -

I'm glad I opted to never touch this by way of the social media medium.

I think it's actually 9/11, but it's trivial...we get the idea.

The atmosphere across the tropical Atlantic during strong el nino seasons has quite the proclivity to engineer boring.

That is the issue at hand...it's almost akin to trying to BS your way to a KU in the absence of blocking.

The last few years of this amo phase has been quite boring el nino or not. Not to mention the lack of strong us landfills since katrina.

The atmosphere across the tropical Atlantic during strong el nino seasons has quite the proclivity to engineer boring.

That is the issue at hand...it's almost akin to trying to BS your way to a KU in the absence of blocking.

I endorse this wholeheartedly. The field of scientific advancement (tropics) in the models has improved albeit slightly.  In general it's far easier to foresee a KU compared to a Wilma bottoming out or a Felix doing a perpetual loop. There is always something to be learned and studied, fly in the ointment ever present.       

I'm glad I opted to never touch this by way of the social media medium.

I think it's actually 9/11, but it's trivial...we get the idea.

Not that it matters like you said, but I remember years back seeing a graphic on the weather channel of September 10th being the peak of the Hurricane season.  But perhaps I'm wrong?

Archived