• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Tropical Season Thread

CT Valley Snowman

Not that it matters like you said, but I remember years back seeing a graphic on the weather channel of September 10th being the peak of the Hurricane season.  But perhaps I'm wrong?

Actually, I remembered it as 9-10 or 9-11....I think you are right because if it were 9/11 that would have resonated with me more for obvious reasons.

Good call...pretty sure that is right.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mind boggling with these operational model evolutions... 

Excuse the anthropogenic comparison for a moment; it's as though the models have such a conscious agenda/obsession with bringing a TC up to the E side of FL that they are ignoring physics and manufacturing a way to hold on to that idea like a convict to the bars on the way to a death sentence...  

I mean give it up already.. If there is anything to even to monitor (for that matter) one is forced to ponder if the central Gulf might make for a better option at this point.  Wouldn't it be funny if this thing came S of Cuba, through the Channel, over the thermalcline ball, when Cat 5 and slammed into New Orleans...?  Jesus at this point there's only been "miss" guidance wrt to prediction skill so take a wild guess - 

It's really beyond absurdity.. Every model correcting westward. You go to look at the projected track from the previous update and the storm is already west of progged location and not moving north.  Erika plays by here own rules. 

And... I think it's plausible to decode the rule  - 

That aside, I'm really more annoyed by the clear and present IMpossibility for Erika system to end up E of MIA, yet some of the models are still doing that. 

Part in parcel to that, ...  I strongly believe there has been an over initialization of the system in the grids since about the time it was named a few days back.  Before that, I distinctly recall the Euro pretty much always being a flat open wave moving through the Caribbean.  That may be wrong ... it may in fact be a closed circulation - but I hunch the continued designation is borrowing from the idea that it's undue paper work if Erika defies and "re"develops.  

Anyway, if the system were deeper integrated in the atmosphere it probably would have slipped more N due to beta drift and tapping into the deeper layer steering field and so forth...

But, seeing as it's been disorganized, ...I think of it as a wave/cyclone hybrid.  I've actually seen that sort of thing in the Caribbean circle of death before... Powerful waves with insane cold cloud tops that are utterly alarming to look at, have one, 50mph squall that's in an arc in one semicircle while the rest of it is relatively open and benign. 

May or may not be happening here, but it seems like that

Erika has had a closed circulation, she just opened up recently and is now tightening up once again before her trip over Hispaniola.  I think she already made landfall.  Anyways has anyone been paying attention to the hurricane Jimena over in the East Pacific Ocean?  rapid Intensification is occurring and its always fun to watch the ADT numbers go way up when an eye is seen.  A weak TS into the central GOM will get eaten alive by that pesky trough sitting in the central GOM.

Going to track S of the DR? Oh my, then what...stall off the coast of FL intensify to a CAT4 and then drift toward SC. THEN get pushed out by the next trough. Really if the computers don't have a clue a mere human doesn't have a chance. No outcome is off the table.

The main tropic thread is trashed. Seems like the heavy-weights have scattered due to the pitch by pitch crap. Haven't seen that before, no never.

OT- The Td had dropped (not since mid June) below 75 here overnight, earlier today and frankly it felt cool. 

I have not lost interest. Mere humans can only speculate. It is what it is. Concern was not so much wind damage. Right-side of whatever translates to boatloads of rain!!! 

Archived