• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 10-20 Heavy Rain/Storms/Remnants

A-L-E-K

If this growing cluster of storms with torrential rainfall holds together and starts to train over the Detroit metro area in the next hour or two, we may have some serious flash flood problems after yesterday. There already is a flash flood watch in anticipation of 1-3" of rain today with potentially higher amounts in spots.

As far as the heaviest rains/severe threat, it looks to be an exact repeat of yesterday.

The rich getting richer...

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

impressive...

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  116 PM CDT MON JUN 15 2015     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    0102 PM     HEAVY RAIN       3 SW MIDWAY AIRPORT     41.75N 87.79W   06/15/2015  M0.51 INCH       COOK               IL   CO-OP OBSERVER                  RAINFALL FELL IN ABOUT 4 MINUTES.    

Today/tonight is really key for me going forward this week.  If I-80 south takes it on the chin again, then I think you gotta start sounding the alarm about potentially severe/historic flooding with the tropical system lurking in the distance.  Keep in mind that the heaviest precip usually falls along/left of track and it's a more widespread soaking.

Today/tonight is really key for me going forward this week.  If I-80 south takes it on the chin again, then I think you gotta start sounding the alarm about potentially severe/historic flooding with the tropical system lurking in the distance.  Keep in mind that the heaviest precip usually falls along/left of track and it's a more widespread soaking.

it looks like the heaviest remnants may stay just south of the hardest hit areas the past few days...but then again, this will all end up downstream anyways so :yikes:

It just won't stay dry more than 30-45 minutes it seems today. About 0.60" at UGN so far today. Humidity can be felt inside work even with the AC on.

There's even been fog at times in Racine with an easterly wind.

73/72° currently.

it looks like the heaviest remnants may stay just south of the hardest hit areas the past few days...but then again, this will all end up downstream anyways so :yikes:

Could be close.  I think the track/timing will get much better refined in the next 24 hours or so as this system probably consolidates and then makes landfall.

Archived