joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 7th-10th Severe Outbreaks

andyhb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Major" damage yet no pictures really at all yet...?

Wtf are you talking about? It happened at 9pm local time, just 2 hours ago, after dark, and they've been hit by storms ever since. Including another possible tornado damn near over their heads again. It makes sense that there's no pictures coming out yet. There's numerous agencies including NWS Ft Worth saying there's major damage in town. Sorry if they don't rush to get pictures to prove it to you....

Emergency management has already reported lots of injuries and major damage, and NE Scanner said they are looking at a mass transportation vehicle of some kind. It's dark and rainy. Living in Kansas for most of my life, I remember this being an issue with Greensburg etc...very few pictures until much later. A post on a FB scanner page said a friend lost their whole roof. 

didn't think about that really. No need to be rude or act bothered by it. Just was asking a question! Also, given the recent history of tornado/damage reporting at night near DFW/ NE TX, including all those "reputable" sources like NWS FWD I had some doubt. (Reference a few weeks ago, with the "major" damage, and mile-wide wedges that even fwd reported even though there was only EF-1 damage) not trying to say that the WFO in dallas is at all bad, just having some doubt really about the reliability of reporting at night.

People from this board have received confirmation on their own, I don't think they would be making that up.

West side of Jefferson TX, about to get hit pretty hard by that couplet

I was just going to comment on that, near Nesbitt and Jefferson TX. That looks a little easier for me to identify and more substantial on the Shreveport radar. It could be another night-time rain-wrapped tornado. Hopefully not.

Archived