joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 7th-10th Severe Outbreaks

andyhb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another supercell in behind appears to be intensifying rapidly as well, there is zero SBCIN per mesoanalysis in that area, owing to very deep boundary layer moisture and strong low level winds. ESRH would support potentially significant tornado production.

That new storm is already rotating rather well and reflectivity shows a hook quickly forming. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Gallatin under a second tornado warning in a few minutes.

Well, I see they went with SVR instead of TOR, which I can understand, but the Henderson lead storm still looks wrapped up enough to warrant a tornado warning. I don't suppose it has produced, though. And a third cell is rapidly taking shape southwest of the second one, while a tornado warning is in place for a somewhat linear cluster near Oakwood and Palestine. Lots of tough calls out there tonight.

No fatalities in Van per FD, that's pretty miraculous.

Yeah, if there were that many injured people from the first storm that had to weather the second intense storm that came through in their condition, that IS a miraculous thing.

Getting a little intrigued by the little cells near College Station. Parameters still seem favorable enough to allow them to grow before they reach the line sagging south in that area.

Yep. If the house was properly anchored, it would have been blown to bits and scattered about instead of simply shifted a few feet. Tornadoes strong enough to take a well built house off the foundation don't just move it a couple feet.

Yep, I live in Joplin and there were a lot of older houses that suffered from the exact same issue (no/insufficient anchoring). In the picture above, you can see the amount of debris in the basement of the house, where it was stated that a family took shelter. I guess people better make sure their house is properly anchored or they may actually be in more danger by taking shelter in the basement. Yikes!

I think the telling thing is the almost complete lack of damage to the actual home... one would almost think you could just push it back and still live in it (which is obviously not the case, but still) I think I've seen ratings as low as low-end EF1 for that kind of sliding. I imagine it would be horrifying to be in the basement during a marginal tornado and just see the house slide from above you. That, and you'd better hope it doesn't subsequently collapse back onto you once it's shifted...

Tornado watch out for the ENH risk area, in general. Very high damaging wind probs.

Aaaaand tornado warning for isolated cell just SE of Fort Wayne, IN.

Archived