• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

I thought the recent March's snowfall have been sucky (thats a term of art).

Actually they’ve been decent – in terms of snowfall the past three have collectively come in at 113.0% of average according to my records.  The ’12-’13 and ’13-’14 seasons were both quite good at 121.7% and 149.4% of average, and although this past March was notably below average in terms of snowfall (67.9%), it stayed relatively cool, keeping the snow in pretty good shape.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the recent March's snowfall have been sucky (thats a term of art).

March snowfall hasn't been too bad recently, but March overall hasn't lived up to the big snowstorm month that lore has it as recently...even in 2011 we got that huge snowstorm around March 6-7 (27" on my lawn in Stowe) with like 3-4" QPF, but then not much happened after that all month.  We also had some of the least snowiest Marches on record within the past 8-10 years...like I think somewhere around 2005, 2006 and then again in 2009?  2009 we only had 11" at the top of Mt Mansfield all March which is ridiculously low.

To me the real problem month lately is definitely January.  For whatever reason we've been punting that month lately.  Time for a January with like 3 solid warning criteria events.

Freak..are we looking at rain all day and night today in BTV?

I don't think it'll be that continuous until later in the day...this early stuff is just sprinkles or a brief shower if it saturates enough to reach the ground.

Later today and tonight is looking more wet though...GFS brings widespread 1.0-1.5" through N.NY and central/northern VT in the next 24 hours. NAM is less with 0.5-0.75".

Bulk of the rain should fall in the first half of the night tonight.

Sneaky wet pattern with the boundary finding the same locations several times over the past 3 weeks.

I don't think it'll be that continuous until later in the day...this early stuff is just sprinkles or a brief shower if it saturates enough to reach the ground.

Later today and tonight is looking more wet though...GFS brings widespread 1.0-1.5" through N.NY and central/northern VT in the next 24 hours. NAM is less with 0.5-0.75".

Bulk of the rain should fall in the first half of the night tonight.

Sneaky wet pattern with the boundary finding the same locations several times over the past 3 weeks.

Looks like it's long gone before morning with cox ks all over the place and temps around 80 with tans flying around

March snowfall hasn't been too bad recently, but March overall hasn't lived up to the big snowstorm month that lore has it as recently...even in 2011 we got that huge snowstorm around March 6-7 (27" on my lawn in Stowe) with like 3-4" QPF, but then not much happened after that all month.  We also had some of the least snowiest Marches on record within the past 8-10 years...like I think somewhere around 2005, 2006 and then again in 2009?  2009 we only had 11" at the top of Mt Mansfield all March which is ridiculously low.

To me the real problem month lately is definitely January.  For whatever reason we've been punting that month lately.  Time for a January with like 3 solid warning criteria events.

whatever the monthly numbers, we are getting about due for a big snow year.  Can't tell you how frustrating it is listening to the NYC folks complain about all the snow down here, when we aren't getting our fair share of it up north.  and I've gotten skunked relatively speaking at my home.  Haven't had a good hit here in years.  everything has been south and west.

Same at my place, but this is just the appetizer.  If you reach dawn tomorrow without something decent from what's now in western NY, then the white flag flies.

Yeah I'm holding out hope for that. Many of the convective models drive an MCS through here. I'm fine without jackpotting...but more than 0.05" would be nice.

Yeah I'm holding out hope for that. Many of the convective models drive an MCS through here. I'm fine without jackpotting...but more than 0.05" would be nice.

Yeah signals showing a heavier rainfall area moving from the southern Adirondacks through central VT and central NH.

Flood Watch back up for BTV's county warning area.

We are using our QPF now in the warm season apparently... 150-200% of normal rainfall up here that drops to 50-70% down in Dendrites area. Pretty amazing gradient from these stalled frontal boundary rain events we've had

Quite the gradient between Washington and Windsor counties.

Archived