• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two separate "storms" dumped all of 0.05" yesterday, the first at about 4 PM being our initial TS, though of the "one-boom" (but a good one) variety.  Saw some flickers to the south about 9 PM - some folks there got about 3/4" and CMP was up to 9,000 customers in the dark at one point.  Just stratus and a bit of dz so far today.

Getting hit good with a thunderstorm producing frequent cg's here in Winooski. Fire engines are responding in several places that I can hear. Unfortunately I was not in a position to get any shots.

Yeah we've been raining over here but looks like the main line is still on the west side.

Getting hit good with a thunderstorm producing frequent cg's here in Winooski. Fire engines are responding in several places that I can hear. Unfortunately I was not in a position to get any shots.

Yeah same here in Colchester, lost power for about 15 minutes.

Last snow pile (from plow) at the bottom of my hill about to go...

Winter Storm Warning for the Aspen CO area above 9000 for 4-8".  Bro's house is around 8600.  Could be an Aspen bender as looks like trees are leafed out.  Snows coming over the mountains now.  Aspen at 8000 is 42/32F.   Hey nothing interesting here can just watch my brothers webcam and see what happens later this Pm and evening.

Did he end up getting snow?

I saw this photo from Beaver Creek and Vail area this morning...

11227423_10155559102515182_7018138032158

nice downpour here in St. j but no thunder heard by these ears.  I got soaked through on my run.

It looks like the back door front got here right before the storms did.  Can see those streaky clouds just to the west of the CRV up here.

Did he end up getting snow?

I saw this photo from Beaver Creek and Vail area this morning...

11227423_10155559102515182_7018138032158

Yup,  he got about 5".  I should have snapped this AM picture of the green Aspens covered with snow and the brilliant blue skies. Anyhow it melted very fast today.  Here is a late afternoon shot and it mostly gone. Slopes still have snow if you want to hike.  This is the first year of them living there so it will be interesting to see how the 14,000 footers in the background maintain snow.

Yup,  he got about 5".  I should have snapped this scene this AM  of the green Aspens covered with snow and the brilliant blue skies. Anyhow it melted very fast today.  Here are 2 pictures, one yesterday as the snow started and another one from  late afternoon shot and it is mostly gone from his yard. He had no tree damage but some areas did.  Slopes still have snow if you want to hike.  This is the first year of them living there so it will be interesting to see how the 14,000 footers in the background maintain snow.

post-268-0-30432400-1431393725_thumb.jpg

post-268-0-81337800-1431394053_thumb.jpg

0.72 inches of rain. Two day total of 1.08, thus ending the Epic Drought of 2015, and the horrific period of deep summer that brought many farmers to their knees, begging bankers to extend their lines of credit while their crops failed, wildlife into town in search of water, and a tremendous flock of vultures feasting on the young lambs who couldn't make it through the tremendous heat.

0.72 inches of rain. Two day total of 1.08, thus ending the Epic Drought of 2015, and the horrific period of deep summer that brought many farmers to their knees, begging bankers to extend their lines of credit while their crops failed, wildlife into town in search of water, and a tremendous flock of vultures feasting on the young lambs who couldn't make it through the tremendous heat.

:lol:  In other news, my camel farming venture has taken a serious hit.

Great graphic, illustrating the effect of the mountains on precipitation.

Yeah it does look to have some terrain influences but on a broader scale...as opposed to very acute meso-scale terrain effects we see at times. This is more of a general uplift over the hilly terrain.

The BTV daily climate maps are pure win. I'm surprised other WFOs don't have them. You can go back any day to 2007 and find these maps with temps, precip, snowfall, snow depth, etc.

Awesome stuff when looking over past weather events in the area.

Archived