• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

The fan in my VP2 is super flakey now... randomly turning off and on despite having checked the wires, etc.  

I assume my high of 85.9 today is not legit.

Is it a motor issue? You only run it at 1.5V or 3V right? When mine start to go there's usually a transition period where it will it will drastically lose revs at times. I have 2 6V fans here that I will try when the next 3V one croaks.

Hit 83.4F here. Warmest May temp since 2013.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it a motor issue? You only run it at 1.5V or 3V right? When mine start to go there's usually a transition period where it will it will drastically lose revs at times. I have 2 6V fans here that I will try when the next 3V one croaks.

Hit 83.4F here. Warmest May temp since 2013.

I've always done 1.5v, but currently put it on 3v.   It keeps going off unless I go over and smack the side of it...then it slowly starts. 

80.0F for a high.  Could literally see the trees open and leafout in the past 24 hours.  Pond has dropped a foot this past week.  Spring wet spots also drying out quicker than normal.   Wouldn't mind a quick .25" overnight but probably will not happen.  I guess WMUR is using my webcam view quite a bit on the morning weather report.  Heard weather underground is closing shop?   I think that's where they get my image from.

80.0F for a high.  Could literally see the trees open and leafout in the past 24 hours.  Pond has dropped a foot this past week.  Spring wet spots also drying out quicker than normal.   Wouldn't mind a quick .25" overnight but probably will not happen.  I guess WMUR is using my webcam view quite a bit on the morning weather report.  Heard weather underground is closing shop?   I think that's where they get my image from.

WU is alive and well.only the classic version of the site is being discontinued.

I’ve totaled the April snow numbers for our site, and they come in as follows:

Snow:  8.1”

Liquid:  2.85”

Based on my data set, the snowfall total was pretty typical for April, but it was a rather dry month with liquid about two inches below the mean.

For the accumulating snowfall season, the numbers stand at:

Snow:  144.7”

Liquid:  17.54”

The snow total is about 10% below average, but the liquid total is more notable; it’s the lowest I have in my data set and is ~25% below average and more than one standard deviation below the mean.  That number can fluctuate a bit of course based on the start and end dates of the accumulating snowfall season, but it presumably speaks to the generally cold and dry regime that started in January – the first four months of this calendar year have all been below or well below average with respect to liquid.

I’ve totaled the April snow numbers for our site, and they come in as follows:

Snow:  8.1”

Liquid:  2.85”

Based on my data set, the snowfall total was pretty typical for April, but it was a rather dry month with liquid about two inches below the mean.

For the accumulating snowfall season, the numbers stand at:

Snow:  144.7”

Liquid:  17.54”

The snow total is about 10% below average, but the liquid total is more notable; it’s the lowest I have in my data set and is ~25% below average and more than one standard deviation below the mean.  That number can fluctuate a bit of course based on the start and end dates of the accumulating snowfall season, but it presumably speaks to the generally cold and dry regime that started in January – the first four months if this calendar year have all been below or well below average with respect to liquid.

It has been very dry... we had reason to worry about QPF this past winter, haha.

Here's a map of percent of normal precipitation since January 1st... showing a good chunk of NNE has been running at only 50-70% of normal precip.

The past 60-days have been very dry across New England as a whole...

I haven't seen the photos but I'm 100% sure that they are.

Well I had Lisa's camera...I went out to full 4x optical and will have to crop out a pic from that. I'm still waiting for her to get her cord and upload my owl from Feb too.

jealousy level 9000

haven't seen my grosbeak since his first appearance.

no hummingbirds yet.

just my regular flock.

Just landed on the suet by the window. The oriole and grosbeak have been here all evening. Simon is checking him out. He's our "hunter." If he sees a bird, squirrel, or chipmunk out there he's glued for an hour. His big obsession is the red squirrel since it isn't too intimidated.

post-3-0-57114800-1430952834_thumb.jpg

Nice day for a skin and ski...even made some turns in the upper mountain glades.  Not bad for May 6th.

I was up Saturday on Spruce Peak and the skiing was fantastic – the high density of the manmade snow really helps with the snow quality; it generally doesn’t turn into slush and stays as decent corn snow even with these recent warm temperatures.  That’s actually been part of the fun these past several days though – having almost midsummer-like temperatures and all that snow to ski.  I went for a long mountain bike ride earlier this week thanks to everything being so dry, but your report definitely reminded me of how good the skiing is, so I’ll have to get back out on the hill; the biking will be there all summer, but the skiing is only going to last so long.  I’ve got a few shots from Saturday below, and there are a few more in the full report at our website:

02MAY15C.jpg

02MAY15B.jpg

02MAY15A.jpg

Another lovely day, with another giant diurnal range, will be over 40F thanks to mid-upper 30s launchpoint.  Month is averaging 35F range thru 5/6 - if we can avoid the cutoff lows (doubtful), this could be a month where the avg range is 30+.

Oft-repeated gobbles this morning, odd only because I'd heard only a single lonely gobble 2+ weeks back.  Normally it's an every morning phenomenon here.  Also, the field above the house has had toms and hens gathering 2-3 times a week each spring until this year, when I've yet to see a turkey there. 

Could be pushing record highs at BTV/MPV on Friday.

Saw that in the AFD...

"Near-record warmth is expected with temperatures several degrees warmer than today...highs in the 80s area-wide...warmest in the Champlain Valley with upper 80s forecast (87f forecast at btv...record is 89f). Dew points are expected to be about 10 degrees above todays but will still see relative humidities down into the 20-30 percent range with increased temperatures. Winds though however still relatively light...about 5-15 knots. Friday night will see a split in sensible weather roughly along the Green Mountains. Marine air mass and light east/southeast winds with temperatures falling into the 40s for most areas east of The Greens...while southerly flow and warmer temperatures in the 50s to near 60 expected elsewhere. Any lingering marine air will mix out rapidly on Saturday under increasing south/southwest flow."

One thing that I noticed locally and was surprised that the Stowe Village CoCoRAHS only came in with 98.8".  That's like over 2 feet less than I measured throughout the season.  The liquid equivalent/precip amounts seem fine and in the storms I core, they are usually pretty close, but that snow observation has to be a once per day morning measurement.  

Archived