Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 8-10 Severe threat

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

House near Rochelle. Nick Spears took this.

EF3 damage probably...

Looks like a brick house from the picture.

20150409_193334-1024x576.jpg

Ehhh....you're gonna want to see some exterior wall collapse to go that high. Looks like just roof structure removal here. In any case, LOT is going to be conducting surveys tomorrow, so I'm confident we'll see an accurate rating soon.

Ehhh....you're gonna want to see some exterior wall collapse to go that high. Looks like just roof structure removal here. In any case, LOT is going to be conducting surveys tomorrow, so I'm confident we'll see an accurate rating soon.

Probably EF2 here. Had an EF2 tornado touchdown close to here way back in the mid 90s and there was damage similar to what is being shown in this picture.

Well, I am declaring this a "bust" for my back yard.

However, my close freinds family was impacted deeply from this evening's events. Her mother worked at Grudruckers in Rochelle, and was the waitress. She is going through deep emotional trama as a direct result, and we are both unable to reach many friends in the path of the storm. Really takes an event to hit home to realize the magnitude.. Given the early season timing, I would almost predict another chain of events similar to this evening, and another chain of storms, to impact the area in the coming months. 

Goodnight all! 

Pretty frustrating chase today.  Followed the dominant storm from southern Iowa all the way up to the QC.  Could barely keep up as it was hauling pretty quickly northeast.  Never really had a shot at the new sups that developed east of the QC.  Pretty frustrating to miss such high quality tors so close to home lol.  That's the way it goes though sometimes.  Congrats to those who scored today.  :thumbsup:

Archived