• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
the I hate winter thread

Ellinwood

Cold and static electricity are the worst.

People get sick a lot more.

Dealing with the snow/ice after it has fallen is a pain.

There are almost never any thunderstorms in the area.

Endless complaining on the forum about the lack of snow, or not getting the most snow in an event, etc.

Cold and static electricity are the worst. - Whatever

People get sick a lot more. - Whatever

Dealing with the snow/ice after it has fallen is a pain. - Whatever

There are almost never any thunderstorms in the area. - Whatever

Endless complaining on the forum about the lack of snow, or not getting the most snow in an event, etc. - Yes...annoying as crap

Pretty much.

The average mid-atlantic winter is not worth the wait per se. Short-lived snow events followed by moderation. We've been spoiled recently and people are expecting more out of a traditionally miserable time of the year.

speak for yourself

Cold and static electricity are the worst.

People get sick a lot more.

Dealing with the snow/ice after it has fallen is a pain.

There are almost never any thunderstorms in the area.

Endless complaining on the forum about the lack of snow, or not getting the most snow in an event, etc.

I think we're jaded by where we grew up.  Still about every season I get about halfway through and I'm ready to move onto the next.  Everything gets stale given enough time.

Also, LOL at Fozz patting himself on his back in his sig.

Same for DC. We can't all live in the the snow paradise of upstate Maryland.

I don't think most people's expectations are too high or spoiled... even in a good year, most of the forum will be very skeptical of getting a lot of snow in most situations.... except for the rare dream setup with a massive block, etc. And as far as my climo, it isn't that different from Rockville or Columbia or Leesburg. Definitely not like Manchester.

The way I see it, these two good years balance out the previous two.

Of all the people who post here, you are the one who's most out of place.  The Philly or NY forums would be a more natural place for you to post.

What about the guy from Roanoke, VA. I have my own distinct climate and you guys are hilarious and fun. The vast majority are okay with it. From now on i'm not going to respond to this kind of stuff.

Heck man, I'd be better off in the Southeast forum based on average snowfall. Why would I want to chat with people who get 300% of my snowfall?

I like being out of place, my goal is to live differently from the mainstream and innovate.

What about the guy from Roanoke, VA. I have my own distinct climate and you guys are hilarious and fun. The vast majority are okay with it. From now on i'm not going to respond to this kind of stuff.

Heck man, I'd be better off in the Southeast forum based on average snowfall. Why would I want to chat with people who get 300% of my snowfall?

I like being out of place, my goal is to live differently from the mainstream and innovate.

I'm not trying to run you off, I'm just saying you're pretty far removed from most of us.

I think we're jaded by where we grew up.  Still about every season I get about halfway through and I'm ready to move onto the next.  Everything gets stale given enough time.

Also, LOL at Fozz patting himself on his back in his sig.

It depends how much you really like snow.  Some of us love it, some of us dislike or even hate it, others really just care about winning and amounts, and others like the model chase more than the actual storm.

I'm not trying to run you off, I'm just saying you're pretty far removed from most of us.

:cry:

I try my best to put it in perspective and account for everybody's backyard weather. I have a pretty good understanding of DC climate having been there several times and being able to reads obs here.

The only thing different from the rest of the coastal plain is the obscene urban heat island there. You are pretty far west yourself. We can all agree the epicenter of the forum is infact DC. You are about 65mi from DC. I am about 105mi give or take. Pretty far but barely in the range. 

It used to include SE VA but those people seem to have run off. It's already very small. Being far removed doesn't say much ya know.

:wub:

I have occasionally posted in the SNE/NYC forum. Interesting posters but the atmosphere is kind of too serious.

Do you have a similar climate to Lewes/Rehoboth? We have posters from there. I think of them all together in a way, though east/west of the Delaware Bay is a natural boundary I guess.

Do you have a similar climate to Lewes/Rehoboth? We have posters from there. I think of them all together in a way, though east/west of the Delaware Bay is a natural boundary I guess.

Yes, and we surprisingly average slightly more snow here on CM. The water doesn't make a big difference and provides refreshing breeze during the summer. Like DC, it's a very atypical CFA climate.

The seasonal variation in temperature and dew point is immense, especially humidity. In the winter, it's continental and during the summer very tropical. The transition seasons are Mediterranean-esque.

Mid-Atlantic_Region_location_map.gif

the problem i have with winter is that i mostly just love the snow part.  i don't say that about other seasons.  i don't say, "i love summer because of the thunderstorms".  no, i love summer because of the beach, outdoor activities, longer days, the greenery, etc.  as much as i love a good snowstorm, it's short-lived.  i think i'd prefer winter to be a month shorter.  2 months of cold weather is enough.  if we can't get snow during that time, then so be it.

Archived