• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-2/2015 SWFE/Wave Discussion

SR Airglow

I think your WFO has the right idea on these events, Less likely to make a bazillion changes to the snowfall maps and gets the weenies in a uproar as you're stealing there snow.......................... :lol:

There is some truth to that. Public perception-wise the forecast has nowhere to move but towards a bust, because that map is guaranteed to change.

Even if the line between range bins shifts a couple miles we get bombarded with questions on social media and over the phone asking what changed or why the forecast was wrong.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is some truth to that. Public perception-wise the forecast has nowhere to move but towards a bust, because that map is guaranteed to change.

Even if the line between range bins shifts a couple miles we get bombarded with questions on social media and over the phone asking what changed or why the forecast was wrong.

You get some folks that throw in a weenie run of one of the models that shows the region getting 3' of snow  on twitter or FB when in reality its not the case then you guys have to answer to why it did not come to fruition or when you do a map and you use a range where some area may be at 10.1" as an example so there placed in the 10-14" range but then folks wonder why they did not get the 14"

Seems like this one like the last will have some density and meat to it. Def not a fluffer

I'd argue the opposite. Took a quick look at NAM bufkit and it's a pretty cold profile, verbatim it says ~25:1 ratios(8.6" snow off of .337" QPF at BOS) which is hard to believe but it doesn't look like a dense wet snow to me at all.

I'd argue the opposite. Took a quick look at NAM bufkit and it's a pretty cold profile, verbatim it says ~25:1 ratios(8.6" snow off of .337" QPF at BOS) which is hard to believe but it doesn't look like a dense wet snow to me at all.

I didn't mean wet.. I just meant dense consistency . Not the typical 15:1 we've had all winter

lol at the precip into r.i.

Pretty awesome on that map. 

Unbelievable winter some parts of r.i. are having, especially after the numerous dryslots they've had in other storms of the past.

That's true.  Not so much here, but certainly further north. I think I'm about 30" off a record, but the difference this winter is that most of it is still on the ground, which is pretty freakish.  Midweek will put an end to that to some degree, but its been a great run, and I'll take a few inches before then gladly.

I didn't mean wet.. I just meant dense consistency . Not the typical 15:1 we've had all winter

Eh I wouldn't be surprised if this is at least 15:1, it's a pretty cold profile and BUFKIT definitely suggests some possibilities for good snow growth. It's 25:1 isn't happening, but this is going to be another enhanced ratio event I think.

Now Tuesday-Wednesday is when you can get your dense consistency cement on the front end.

That GFS QPF map is way too cute with random nuances like elevation or shadowing etc.

I think with the upgrade and the higher resolution it actually over does those things a little bit, and with this type of Southwest flow event, I don't think elevation is that important.

unless you have a codfishsnowman jack fetish, lol

Archived