joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/21-2/23 Weekend Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isnt the gfs bias that it's too far east or south then corrects west? If so the fact that it's a cutter on the gfs rather than south or way east is a bad sign?

Before the upgrade it had a habit of being to far se in the mid range with east coast storms. This is not a coastal storm just all about the trough axis and where the storm decided to phase in and cut..I don't take the gfs being west as a bad sign, models have been awful all yeAr...yesterday was suppose to be a cutter,miss,hit all in the mid range last week..all options are on the table

Isnt the gfs bias that it's too far east or south then corrects west? If so the fact that it's a cutter on the gfs rather than south or way east is a bad sign?

We only mention the south and east bias when its to the south and east of where we want it to be. When it's north and west already.....we don't speak of that bias around here.  :)

We only mention the south and east bias when its to the south and east of where we want it to be. When it's north and west already.....we don't speak of that bias around here.  :)

The SE bias is really only a factor on Miller A's.  We have yet to test if the newly upgraded gfs still has this bias though.  We need a good Miller A...

What is your idea of this storm?

I was told not to forecast

so I will just post images that I think are relevant

and let the viewer decide for themselves

I have nothing to prove... 

PNA ridge is awesome this weekend

I like our chances for snow -----bigtime

dm

Archived