joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Mid-Winter 14/15

PennMan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys can we keep this thread going through this storm and then start a new thread?

We'll run it through to tomorrow morning then someone can go ahead and start a new one.

Have maybe cracked an inch in Bellefonte out of this one so far, should hit 1.5-2" with the stuff moving in from the SW, but a far cry from our WSW this morning. Hanging at 20°.

Yea it seems to be remaining to the SE of Gettysburg. I-83Blizzard could possibly see a bit of mixing soon. Winds aloft are screaming, the 850 level on LWX base velocities (roughly just north of Baltimore in northern MD) are 60-70kts from the SW.

LWX-02-21_1947.png

Flakes are a mix of pixie dust and now average size so it is a sign of warm air working in. If we can stay all snow or close to it, the final totals by midnight should be remarkable. Hard to say when or if we mix before midnight at least.

I guess I should apologize to all of you in the forum. I was pretty negative all day long and my posts were all mostly complaining. It's just that this one stung more than most of the other failures we've had. It's one thing to sit on the fringe and miss out, but to sit in a hole all day long while it was snowing north, south, east, AND west of you can be frustrating. I wasn't the only one though. PSU and a few others were right there with me.

It does look like it'll be over here in an hour or so, and to those who did well, congrats. :)

It would be nice if just once, we all could share in the same storm evenly where there were no "haves and have nots". This forum would rock with the great group we have. Until then we wait and model watch. One day I suppose it'll happen. When it stops snowing, I'll measure to see what I finally ended up with. I just hope it ends up being more than 2 inches...lol.

I guess I should apologize to all of you in the forum. I was pretty negative all day long and my posts were all mostly complaining. It's just that this one stung more than most of the other failures we've had. It's one thing to sit on the fringe and miss out, but to sit in a hole all day long while it was snowing north, south, east, AND west of you can be frustrating. I wasn't the only one though. PSU and a few others were right there with me.

It does look like it'll be over here in an hour or so, and to those who did well, congrats. :)

It would be nice if just once, we all could share in the same storm evenly where there were no "haves and have nots". This forum would rock with the great group we have. Until then we wait and model watch. One day I suppose it'll happen. When it stops snowing, I'll measure to see what I finally ended up with. I just hope it ends up being more than 2 inches...lol.

It's ok. I hope we all can cash in on a big storm. 

All is well Voyager. I hope we can all get slammed one day and you come out on top. I enjoy reading your posts and respect all you do with being a truck driver. For your sake, if we don't all cash in, let it be sunny and 75!

Voyager I'm right there with ya brother!! I'm worn out though, ready for warm!

You and me both!!!

All is well Voyager. I hope we can all get slammed one day and you come out on top. I enjoy reading your posts and respect all you do with being a truck driver. For your sake, if we don't all cash in, let it be sunny and 75!

Thanks. And yes, I'm ready for 75 and sun. At this point, I'm willing to wait for next winter to cash in!

Ah Voyager, no need to apologize. If anyone needs to, it's me - I do far more damage to this place with my complaining. Obviously I feel the frustration entirely since everything just seems to find a way to work against us in this part of the region.

It really seems like it does, doesn't it. BTW, kudos to you for seeing and being concerned with the drying of the models yesterday afternoon. I saw it too, but didn't want to post about it. Should have seen the handwriting on the wall, though.

Just measured 2.5" with what should be the last half decent burst of snow working through currently. It's been a process today lol, not even 3" in the 14 hours it's been snowing. You win some and lose some. 

That doesn't matter for the shape of the roads though, they're all quite bad tonight. Travel lanes of I-99 are pretty decent, the passing lanes are probably better suited for a snowmobile.

It really seems like it does, doesn't it. BTW, kudos to you for seeing and being concerned with the drying of the models yesterday afternoon. I saw it too, but didn't want to post about it. Should have seen the handwriting on the wall, though.

I wish I could take kudos for something a little better than a drying trend...besides, I also dismissed the drier GFS and it turns out it had an idea, so points off me there...hopefully though, someday we won't have to worry about the writing on the wall and we can just relax and enjoy.

But yeah, I owe a far bigger apology to this place...I'll work on it. I still blame myself for Jamie leaving...

Just about 9 inches for the event here.  With blowing etc hard to be certain of an exact measurement.  Spots of 8 and 9 all over consistently.  CTP had reports of 7.5 and 8 from my general area at 8:00 pm while it was still snowing moderately.  Now some super light drizzle, flakes mixed.Confident in the 8.5 total IMBY before any compaction might take place overnight.  Last picture of the final tally.  Here is to a region-wide KU next weekend!!!

post-1187-0-38090100-1424574078_thumb.jp

Archived