joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 17-18 Event

moneypitmike

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't look like it was a result of more influence from the 50/50 , more like some kink in the trough to our west..nudging things a hair east...thou I could be wrong interpreting that

I still think the nrn edge needs to be watched for a better band. S/W is still pretty far north despite low pressure look. Sort of a flag.

This isn't SNE or our storm this time around. It did look good a couple of days ago where the GEFS and Euro show 6+ for all of our area. At first, people thought this storm was going to be an inland runner or a coastal hugger. The push of cold air is really strong to make this storm an inland runner. On the latest GFS, even DC doesn't see a lot of snow. This might be a storm for the southern mid atlantic.

Noone said anyone was getting a lot of snow. Was never supposed to be that. Just a nice solid 2-4 inch event. Put the models away and grasp the meteorology

That's even that. If my area isn't going to get 2-4, your area isn't going to get that. I am hoping for a good bust of both of our areas. It looks like I might end this winter with slightly below normal snowfall.

Archived