joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my area, it looks like some good winds, and a lot more blown snow while looking jealously at those north.

It's finicky for snow here, even in a good year. Only with a really well defined storm that takes a certain glancing blow out to sea would we ever see the highest totals, either due to mixing (not the case here) or ocean enhancement not quite reaching us, and the best bands being to our NE, and dwindling this way.

Could someone shed some light for me/disabuse me of the notion that areas right next to the coast, even without mixing, tend to get depressed totals, and also explain why this is, considering the moisture is often coming from the NE, E for these noreasters once they've bombed, rather than the south. Is it just that we are in the shadow of some Ocean Effect that adds to the totals elsewhere, or is there a more basic meteorological phenomenon?

Still, despite all these handicaps, and some of the models seeming to show us in a dry slot, not quite getting the comma head, I imagine we'll get a steady period of snow over a long period of time. What a great winter.

actually this is in your wheelhouse

Even winds gusting often over 35mph can really make a mess if the snow is low ratio stuff. If you have anything like a field near your house or a road that you frequent all that stuff can be pushed around easily into big drifts.

On the coast you got to figure higher snow totals and stronger winds so it will be impactful. 

We really don't need an analysis of every 3hr increment of every model run.

Does it really impact your day if he does do that?  It's a weather board for crying out loud...what impact does it really have if he posts about it...if you don't want to see it because it's the nam then don't read it.

Does it really impact your day if he does do that?  It's a weather board for crying out loud...what impact does it really have if he posts about it...if you don't want to see it because it's the nam then don't read it.

We've had awful analysis from some here over the last couple days and there is no need to post every minute detail of the model.  Let it roll out than have at it.  You have a problem with that?

Archived