• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nassau and Suffolk counties NEED their own forum.

Bobby

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's necessary. The climatic differences between LI and NJ aren't great enough to warrant separate subforums, in my opinion.

I feel similarly about NYC/Philly, the climatic differences are minute, LGA and PHL are virtually clones.

IMO the only reason we split was because of the Winter of 2010-2011.

This is ridiculous. The whole of New England and the mid Atlantic are sub forums without further subdivision. Trust me, the weather in Caribou vs Cape Cod or Garrett Co MD vs Norfolk constitutes a MUCH wider spread than Vernon, NJ to Montauk.

do you really want even fewer meteorologists in the NYC forum? I miss when this was one big board

Then change the name to the Tri-State Area forum, instead of naming it after one city in a very large area. I don't know why we have to call it the NYC forum when Boston and Washington DC can survive as part of New England and the Mid-Atlantic.

Who cares what it's called. Lol geez.

Then change the name to the Tri-State Area forum, instead of naming it after one city in a very large area. I don't know why we have to call it the NYC forum when Boston and Washington DC can survive as part of New England and the Mid-Atlantic.

The label "tri state" isn't limited to this area, and the NYC metro actually includes 4 states.

There are many days when we are better aligned with SNE and many days when we are better aligned with NYC.  Alas, today is one of the NYC days.

Forky has a very good point.  However, a separate thread would mean we would not have to read mis-statements concerning LI climo from self-appointed experts who don't live here.  I guess there are pros and cons to everything,

So...if there is a separate LI thread, I'll be in it, but it isn't necessarily going to help a lot.

On a more constructive note, we should think about an LI GTG. 

But doesn't that just show there are more NYC/LI posters here than NNJ/LHV posters? I'm not sure how splitting the forum would solve a demographics problem. There'd still be crickets -- in a mostly empty sub-forum.

That's a good point, but if you notice we have plenty of posters from Western sections whenever we have a larger event. They just don't post as regularly.

Who would have guessed the NYC and points west guys cared?

We really have three distinct and unique sections. Sometimes they overlap, but in general they are seperate.

You have the interior, made up of Orange, Sussex, Warren, Morris, Western Passaic, Rockland and Dutchess Counties. Maybe you can put Northern Westchester and the North shore of LI in there too.

Then you have CNJ, coastal NNJ, NYC, and SW LI.

Then you have the rest of LI and SNJ.

We really have three distinct and unique sections. Sometimes they overlap, but in general they are seperate.

You have the interior, made up of Orange, Sussex, Warren, Morris, Western Passaic, Rockland and Dutchess Counties. Maybe you can put Northern Westchester and the North shore of LI in there too.

Then you have CNJ, coastal NNJ, NYC, and SW LI.

Then you have the rest of LI and SNJ.

Splitting long island in half is a horrible idea

Not that the current snowfall map to date matches the mean, but there is no reason

to divide the majority of NYC Metro which is 20"-35" seasonal snowfall zone.

attachicon.gifsnowclimo2012_b.png

I think much of the thinking has to do with higher snowfall at certain times and not necessarily the average. NW areas definitely do deserve the subforum though because some areas do average double or more snow

Archived