Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately that low developed and pulls almost due east

The trough is neutrally tilted and has disjointed vorts as it comes through the NYC area, so organized activity like a CCB won't really happen until it's too late unfortunately. It'll probably be a lot of spotty and showery precip as it swings through. This storm is really all about the overrunning on the SW upper air winds ahead of the trough.

Looks like it has close to .20 FZRA in some spots..as of now core of the sleet is just north of NYC...I think though we can shift this 20-30 miles in the end south which may keep NYC/LI mostly sleet.

ZR_000-048_0000.gif

PE_000-048_0000.gif

I think this is overdone, I really don't think the models have a clue this year when it comes to the temps... I was suppose to change over to sleet last storm for atleast 3 hours, it never even happened, I would be shocked to see the mixing make it last rockland/westchester/NNJ

If it makes it that far ;)

Looks like it has close to .20 FZRA in some spots..as of now core of the sleet is just north of NYC...I think though we can shift this 20-30 miles in the end south which may keep NYC/LI mostly sleet.

ZR_000-048_0000.gif

PE_000-048_0000.gif

Could be a nasty ice storm at home, NE winds shouldn't get the surface temps above 30, precip won't be very heavy, and the cold layer may be shallow enough for the south shore to get an ice storm. :(

N CT is really on the cusp here, could be another bust for the Hartford area if the main axis of snow sets up on I-90. RGEM has around 6" for them when Taunton NWS has a foot. The coastal front really looks like it'll blossom tons of snow around Boston.

Keep in mind that rgem is only through 1pm Monday and it's still snowing good

Have no clue about this statement as here, Just North of Syracuse were nearing 150" so far and we're just beginning to pile it up!!  Its definitely a 40N and above Winter so far but that hopefully changes the next few weeks.  Unless Syracuse isn't considered North of 40, lol.

Lake effect belts don't count, lol.

Archived