joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windsor Locks has 34" on the winter...the airport on the mountain up in Worcester has 78"...so what you said is basically correct. 

Last Monday's blizzard really jipped the western half of CT and MA-the same areas the Euro was jackpotting over several runs pretty much, as the intense banding that was supposed to park over NYC and those areas was instead over E MA, E CT, RI, and Suffolk County. 

Surface reflection of the low stuck in the mountains of W. Virginia from hours 30 through 39...this might get interesting...maybe not on this run...but down the road a piece.

NAM shows about .21" qpf for LGA; 14 of 21 SREF members see LGA at about .50" or more, I don't say this often but TOSS THE NAM.. I won't even post another run from that model on this storm

no need to toss.

everyone knows  the city is south of precip.

Yea you can note 1/4 to a 1/5, good stuff looks to be north.

i am chasing a storm with  max north.or 

my concern is where to chase. hunter, ny, mt snow  or sugarbush

Best

no need to toss.

everyone knows the city is south of precip.

Yea you can note 1/4 to a 1/5, good stuff looks to be north.

i am chasing a storm with max north.or

my concern is where to chase. hunter, ny, mt snow or sugarbush

Best

Well if you don't toss the NAM your gonna need to go to Plattsburgh or Montreal to see your 15" lmao

Close to a snowstorm after hour 54 for Long Island and the Jersey coast as low pressure begins to deepen east of North Carolina...

Close to a snowstorm after hour 54 for Long Island and the Jersey coast as low pressure begins to deepen east of North Carolina...

I noticed that.....very interesting.....the low is much further NW this run isn't it ?  might be too little too late, but who knows lately.....Either it's on to something, or just too far NW with it 

I noticed that.....very interesting.....the low is much further NW this run isn't it ?  might be too little too late, but who knows lately.....Either it's on to something, or just too far NW with it 

I sensed there was something up when I saw the surface feature sit over the W. Virginia hills for half the day Monday...that should allow for quite a bit of moisture to gather...

Unfortunately that low developed and pulls almost due east

Its the NAM at 54 so who really knows at this point; something to keep an eye on though. 

Well if you don't toss the NAM your gonna need to go to Plattsburgh or Montreal to see your 15" lmao

decsion is tomorrow afternoon.

still in key west. would love to pound snow in south vermont. I am still skeptical about the the snow in general.

GFS runt tonight and 6 z will be critical with wher ethe heaviest snow fallls.

going no where near sne in search of snow

decsion is tomorrow afternoon.

still in key west. would love to pound snow in south vermont. I am still skeptical about the the snow in general.

GFS runt tonight and 6 z will be critical with wher ethe heaviest snow fallls.

going no where near sne in search of snow

I really like the GFS/Euro blend, with that said your interest in storm chasing has now peaked my interest, and I think my wife and I will head up to either, belleayre, whindam, or hunter for Sunday and Monday... She's gotta take off tho so gotta wait till morning to decide

I really like the GFS/Euro blend, with that said your interest in storm chasing has now peaked my interest, and I think my wife and I will head up to either, belleayre, whindam, or hunter for Sunday and Monday... She's gotta take off tho so gotta wait till morning to decide

if I can't 15, I am not going.

really going to watch the the daks and south vermont.

skeptical in the entie blockbuster evoution at this point. imop

need a cool town to drink beer and watch snow. :pimp:

Good chance they hit 70" by the end of this, and Central Park might not even break 25" because so much might be sleet and ZR and less precip. Most think it's been a 40N and above winter but it's really been a SNE winter.

Have no clue about this statement as here, Just North of Syracuse were nearing 150" so far and we're just beginning to pile it up!!  Its definitely a 40N and above Winter so far but that hopefully changes the next few weeks.  Unless Syracuse isn't considered North of 40, lol.

At least the NAM got rid of the phony idea that it could get above freezing on NE winds in the Tri-State area outside of the Twin Forks. Looks like lots of light sleet on this run until the end when there could be a period of snow. 

Yep...basically no rain through 84 hours on it in NYC...maybe just 0.01" of rain over extreme SE sections.

Archived