joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case people are not aware and before people start yelling about their BL tomorrow afternoon and evening when their surface temp In the mid and upper 30s . It is being modeled that way. When the 850 low dies it hands itself off to the SLP only then will you see the CAD start to drag the surface south.

So no calls of bust until it's over.

In case people are not aware and before people start yelling about their BL tomorrow afternoon and evening when their surface temp In the mid and upper 30s . It is being modeled that way. When the 850 low dies it hands itself off to the SLP only then will you see the CAD start to drag the surface south.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure we'll still see the same whiners come out by tomorrow night complaining about how mild their temps are. Hahaha

I guess the big story is that a number of locations have had nearly equal to or greater than their total seasonal snowfall

in just about the last 2 weeks. People will also be happy if D10 Euro turns the corner for an Arctic air overrunning

special.

I guess the big story is that a number of locations have had nearly equal to or greater than there total seasonal snowfall

in just about the last 2 weeks. People will also be happy if D10 Euro turns the corner for Arctic air overrunning

special.

That day 10 euro matches up with the 6z GEFS at 500 mb.

I didn't see the 12z ensembles.

But that would make everyone forget the blizzard miss

But great job bringing that up here.

Thrs 1st . The GFS may be brewing a little something up.

Early for both.

Early for both.

I personally have not been too psyched about any potential storm this winter so far (even the crazy runs of the blizzard, though I did eventually get kind of stirred up in the frenzy).....but the period from the 12th of this month all the way through to the the end of the month (and into March even!) I feel could really close this winter on a high note. As long as we aren't focused on trying to reach or get anywhere near Boston's snow totals this winter (we simply won't).....I'd be surprised if almost all of us do not exceed our averages. An additional 15 to 30" added to what we have should do it (one biggie and another significant event). HONK HONK! Despite the fact that not all of us have seen a major snowstorm this winter (though many have already), it's remarkable what a persistently chilly period we've had.....and that will continue. Let's get through this one.....a couple inches, some ice and rain.....and on to the next. The future looks bright (very cloudy)

Early for both.

They both have the Arctic wave on Thurs but the Euro  is a little more east. The Euro opens the gates of the

Arctic on Friday into Saturday.

Yea I've never seen that big of a range for a warning, plus my point and click say absolutly no totals, just snow...I think their still gun shy... For me They busted low for the blizzard then busted high for the last storm, haven't got a call right yet

Well to be honest, we often see ranges such as 5-10, 6-12 or even 10-20.....9 and 18 are just not the usual numbers we see. Though the range does cover a lot of ground, it's not really unheard of

Well to be honest, we often see ranges such as 5-10, 6-12 or even 10-20.....9 and 18 are just not the usual numbers we see. Though the range does cover a lot of ground, it's not really unheard of

I agree, but up here it's pretty rare... Especially in a warning update. Usually we see 12-15, or 14-18"

They usually keep it 4" or less increments lol. My guess is they're just as clueless with these models as we are

Statistically speaking the peak of snow season ends on Presidents' Day around here. Sort of how by August 15th the big heat is usually over.

Yeah.....I'd prefer to get most of our snow between early January and mid February, but I think we get dumped on from Feb 12th through the first week of March this season. This time it has the potential to stick around as well, which is nice. I hate being bullish because it usually is a letdown, but I'm feeling great about that period this time around

Archived