Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18"+ for Western MA and Southern VT.

Not a bad thing for NYC area skiers and boarders mt snow is the closest real mountain to the city and is just going to be epic. Our loss is their gain. The one place you actually want ridiculous snow amounts. This is going to screw Boston up as they have to start carting out snow

Not a bad thing for NYC area skiers and boarders mt snow is the closest real mountain to the city and is just going to be epic. Our loss is their gain. The one place you actually want ridiculous snow amounts. This is going to screw Boston up as they have to start carting out snow

why not just dump it in the boston harbor, like NYC does with its snow (in to the east river and hudson river)

why not just dump it in the boston harbor, like NYC does with its snow (in to the east river and hudson river)

I vividly remember them doing that in 96. Since then I don't think they do that anymore. The snow with all the salt and crap in it is toxic. I know they have snow melters at the airports now. At least if it goes through the sewers it gets cleaned before released into area water ways.

No blocking and positively tilted trough (meaning SWFE). High is in a decent spot but it's retreating during the storm, and the 850 low is in a bad spot. At least for getting snow, these aren't usually good outcomes for NYC. I could see getting sleet and ZR though if the surface low is south of the area. 

In terms of significant snow though, it's about time to take the horse out back and shoot it out of its misery. Yaay Boston... :(

Anyone see the 204 hour GFS for next weekend? That's a doozy of a storm if I've ever seen one.

Three possibilities as I see it:

1) Storm redevelops off of the NJ or southern New England coast. Near record-breaking cold and wind-chills for the area but most of the snow over New England.

2) Storm re-develops off of the southern NJ or Delmarva, moves slowly n-ne, brings heavy snow and high winds along with extreme cold to our area.

3) Storm re-develops a little too far east of the coast somewhere or even further north. Brings nothing more than snow showers, but near record-breaking cold for our area.

WX/PT

204 HR. lets worry about one storm at a time. models cant even handle a storm at 6HR let alone 204.

lolol totally agree but you have to forecast with the trend and at this point the trend is for a snowier side for nyc. Still two days left!

Edit: we'd have to check how warm it gets on Sunday before the storm moves in. I think we are barely going to hit 36.

Edit 2: it's like the North Pole out there so I don't expect any rain with this at all. But than again you could get some taint if the storm doesn't get cranking which I expect it to do.

SREF's (3z) looks wet on Monday, I think...I rarely look at that model...and navigating the pages is a little different. 

Edit: 6z NAM also edging south.

SREF's (3z) looks wet on Monday, I think...I rarely look at that model...and navigating the pages is a little different. 

Edit: 6z NAM also edging south.

3z SREF has less qpf for our region and is a tick north versus its 21z run.

3z SREF has less qpf for our region and is a tick north versus its 21z run.

Yeah its a hard page to navigate / gauge because it only has total precip in 24 hour increments and not the best graphics...I couldn't even tell comparing last 24 hours on the 3z back from 72 hours v last 24 hours back from 78 hours on 21z.

Archived