joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the GFS and all of the models I am thinking of an old Brooklyn saying Forgetaboutit. The chances for any snow over 4" is very slim. The best looking model run still shows a very lackluster 500mb pattern. I think you need to go over 100 miles north for any real snow. On the other hand Boston may get socked again, but even there it is not 100%. The pattern just does'nt look right for NYC..

Looking at the GFS and all of the models I am thinking of an old Brooklyn saying Forgetaboutit. The chances for any snow over 4" is very slim. The best looking model run still shows a very lackluster 500mb pattern. I think you need to go over 100 miles north for any real snow. On the other hand Boston may get socked again, but even there it is not 100%. The pattern just does'nt look right for NYC..

I do not remember many snows in NYC where right before the event, 850 mb temperatures in Chicago and Minneapolis are ten degrees Celsius. 

I think the 6"+ snow ships left the dock a day or two ago, but a few inches and significant ice are still on the table.

Whenever I see the heavy snow axis set up right across the Mass Tpke I just shut the lights off for heavy snow for KNYC

So I agree that part of the forecast can be made.

What remains is how much ice is there around the area as the BL may get stuck . ( and where does that set up )

We would a significant shift south to see snow probably up to a 100 miles. The models may still be underestimating the cold press so we'll see what happens.

The CAD only helps the low levels. The mid-levels have been pretty consistently warm now for several runs. Just slight ticks here and there which is just noise.

Archived