joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SuperBowl Storm Observations

sferic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's done here, for whatever reason NYC always seems to get lucky, sort of like the New England Patriots.

Didn't u get like 8" today?...Reason = coastal low is strengthening as it departs, naturally further east areas are gonna be more favored to squeeze out a last gasp burst like this. Plenty more storm threats to come this month.

Didn't u get like 8" today?...Reason = coastal low is strengthening as it departs, naturally further east areas are gonna be more favored to squeeze out a last gasp burst like this. Plenty more storm threats to come this month.

Which I tried to explain before but was ripped without reason.

This storm has better banding in my area than the blizzard lol

wow-you got to 41?   This one sure featured an amazing gradient.   Was in the low 20's here for the whole event. Moderate to heavy snow here as the last band swings thru

My high was predicted to be 41 lol. Big fail.

Yeah I wasn't complaining at all, great storm here. I was just trying to convey that we had the heavy burst out here before. Maybe not quite as heavy as what NYC and points East are currently experiencing but it dropped over an inch in less than an hour.

Steady moderate snow continuing in Port Jeff...but the really heavy stuff about 10 to 20 miles to my west...where from about the Nassau / Suffolk line over to Northport / Fort Salonga...Doppler estimate had widespread L.E. of 0.25" to 0.50" in the last 60 minutes with a small local area > 0.5 L.E...there might have been some sleet thrown in that makes it appear a little wetter than it was. 

Some heavier snow moving into this area now...

Archived