joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SuperBowl Storm Observations

sferic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lift is better from NYC and east, once the coastal takes over.

The differences are marginal. There is a moderate band headed right for NNJ as we speak, I had 8.0" this morning at home before any mixing. Up in Orange County where they stayed mostly snow most areas are over 10". The coast will not be the jackpot today.

Could have been something as simple as you had a heavier shower that missed me by a hair.

BTW, I am Ed :)

Here is another possibility.  Are you up the hill towards the Sunken Meadow by any chance?  That's around 250 feet.  I am at 122 feet.  Not much difference, but when I had heavy rain running off at 32 degrees, a few tenths lower could have made some difference.

A few tenths of a degree lower for any reason, could have made a little difference.

The differences are marginal. There is a moderate band headed right for NNJ as we speak, I had 8.0" this morning at home before any mixing. Up in Orange County where they stayed mostly snow most areas are over 10". The coast will not be the jackpot today.

I think NYC, LI and CT jackpot for the afternoon snow burst.

Better lift, VVs and coastal enhacement.

Could be a surprise heavy band somewhere on the island also.

I think NYC, LI and CT jackpot for the afternoon snow burst.

Better lift, VVs and coastal enhacement.

Could be a surprise heavy band somewhere on the island also.

Of course you do....I have yet to see an event this year where you didn't think that would be the case.

The latest RAP has a very quick burst over NW Nassau County and that's about it. All other areas remain in light activity until ending by 21z.

Of course you do....I have yet to see an event this year where you didn't think that would be the case.

The latest RAP has a very quick burst over NW Nassau County and that's about it. All other areas remain in light activity until ending by 21z.

Yeah, I would think an inch for most maybe 2 tops in a few locales.    Alot of the action is moving east of NJ per the DIX radar and backend almost never works out regardless of what models show

Vineland is in cumberland county. The heavier precip is not making it north of 195. It's dying out as it enters the cold air.

I meant to say Cumberland and Salem Counties. We will see what happens, back to a moderate snow here and the flakes are smaller which is indicative of better mid-level temps.

Archived