joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here are the numbers I have so far (located very roughly). Need some more totals and a better map, then I can start contouring. Can't decide if I should include Westchester... thoughts?

Bgewv75.png

That 41" in Port Jervis is awfully low..  Def should be in the 50-60" range if in town. If in the hills 60"+

Ah, got it, thanks. It's definitely a little tricky without any highways or other points of reference. For the final product I'll focus more on precision, but I just wanted to get a feel for any spatial holes in the data. A bit surprised I haven't come up with anything for NW Passaic so far.

Ill PM you my approx lat/lon. I have a Middletown address but located west of town closer to Greenville.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that one. It stuck out like a sore thumb, but when I glanced through the daily reports, none of the major events looked too suspicious. I'll toss it as an outlier.

I believe port jervis itself is roughly 400' but elevation dramatically increases to 1500' about 3-4 miles east of town. Maybe they get shadowed from the ridge to the east but yeah that number is def suspect. I believe we have posters just to the west in PA who are in the mid 50s

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that one. It stuck out like a sore thumb, but when I glanced through the daily reports, none of the major events looked too suspicious. I'll toss it as an outlier.

West milford at 1100 ft in western passaic has. 62 for the year . Me in butler northern Morris 49( 400 ft)

I believe port jervis itself is roughly 400' but elevation dramatically increases to 1500' about 3-4 miles east of town. Maybe they get shadowed from the ridge to the east but yeah that number is def suspect. I believe we have posters just to the west in PA who are in the mid 50s

Port Jervis is a snow hole, it gets shadowed from multiple directions, it may not be off as much as you think.

52 inches 20 miles s.w of Port here in the Poconos. Unless we get a late season storm, looks like a below avg snow season for me for sure. As far as Port goes, that area is surely a snow hole. You have ridges ranging from 1,000' feet, to as high as High Point's 1,800' foot ridge to it's east, virtually surrounding that town on all sides lol. I have seen countless elevation and regural storms, where I have more than double vs. What they have in town. Elevation dependant events or not. Just a bad location if you like snow.

Yeah the Euro is the only one that gives us any real snowfall & considering the euro has been late to the party numerous times this yr def isn't a good sign for snow lovers up here.

Euro was a nice run, but given this years less than stellar track record, sadly I haven't trusted it one bit as of late. If this was any other year, I would be much more confident of this producing and other guidance coming around.

Did anybody else have snow this morning? I walked out a little before 6 and it was flurrying and there was a touch under a half inch of fluff on the ground. I was so surprised.

Hey JC if you got any decent aurora pics last night you should post one or two.

yep. It was from a LE band that went from Lake Ontario to SW CT

Did anybody else have snow this morning? I walked out a little before 6 and it was flurrying and there was a touch under a half inch of fluff on the ground. I was so surprised.

Yep had some here too, just coated the cars.

Nothing special, though I suppose at 40N you can't exactly be picky about your northern lights. :)

0Anx5gA.jpg

Archived