Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This damn snow doesn't want to melt.. 15" throughout the property

I was thinking that today. Hit 60.1 degrees IMBY today, absolutely gorgeous with that warm sun. Despite that, my rink is still a solid block of ice. Definitely not able to skate on it, but if the Euro verifies, should have one last hurrah next week.

I'm thinking about trying to draw up a decent seasonal snowfall map for our area. Anybody want to shoot me their seasonal totals so I can figure out how much data I have to work with?

That would be awesome.. I would expect to see totals for the most part quite uniform throughout the region.

Great, thanks. You're my only report from Rockland so far... surprisingly little info in Rockland and Orange, even from CoCoRaHS.

Yeah rockland is a dead zone usually lol.

Im worried i overmeasured, i just went over my records and i think im ok, but it feels high.

I'm thinking about trying to draw up a decent seasonal snowfall map for our area. Anybody want to shoot me their seasonal totals so I can figure out how much data I have to work with?

if you want NW NJ, here are my local numbers

Nov - 16.3 inches

Dec - 3.8 inches

January - 20.7 inches

February - 23.0 inches

March - 10.7 inches MTD

YTD - 74.5 inches of snow

Yeah rockland is a dead zone usually lol.

Im worried i overmeasured, i just went over my records and i think im ok, but it feels high.

Not sure. It's higher than the other reports I've found from Westchester and Passaic, but that's why they call 'em lollipops. ;) Peekskill seems credible at 44", but there were definitely some N-S gradient storms in the mix.

if you want NW NJ, here are my local numbers

Nov - 16.3 inches

Dec - 3.8 inches

January - 20.7 inches

February - 23.0 inches

March - 10.7 inches MTD

YTD - 74.5 inches of snow

Awesome, thanks.

Well, here are the numbers I have so far (located very roughly). Need some more totals and a better map, then I can start contouring. Can't decide if I should include Westchester... thoughts?

Bgewv75.png

Good start. I need to be moved further north, I can send you some help with y location if you need it. I think if you have data for Westchester then throw them in too.

My longitude is good, for lat I'm about equal to the Dutchess Putnam line where it meets the CT state line.

Ah, got it, thanks. It's definitely a little tricky without any highways or other points of reference. For the final product I'll focus more on precision, but I just wanted to get a feel for any spatial holes in the data. A bit surprised I haven't come up with anything for NW Passaic so far.

Archived