CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feel 100% comfortable for us yet. I mean I think 4-7" type snows are a lock from Philly and NE, but a 12" event I still probably only have 60% confidence until we see more support & the 12z EURO Shows it.

I'd like to see some other model besides the Euro have 12 plus, rather than just the Euro for the 4th straight run (although that would be nice too).   In fairness, the GFS was pretty close too.  I think once you are talking about NYC and East it is pretty close to a lock that they are going to get hammered.

I think we all expected that bullseye to shift NE and would all be over joyed by the EuroWx maps amounts 24" mark kissing northeast Philly and southern Bucks. But the SW quadrants of Miller B's are full of heartbreak. 12z tomorrow should tell the tale with final sampling on the West Coast.

I will be in Cape May and Atlantic City Monday-Tuesday so I fully expect a shafting down there while Bucks County gets crushed.

Sorry not a downer but rather a realist looking at the current pattern and the realization we are tangling with a Miller B storm here...my thoughts truly think we know much much better by 12z tomorrow that cut off has very concerned in my opinion with the NAO+ no true blocking think the 15-25" stuff is around NYC and that sharp cut off is around PHL....it's a Miller B typically you need that blocking to slow this down. what in the NAO has changed from our storm that moved through fast on Friday night? The progressive flow of this pattern has me concerned...we will now truly put my -NAO theory in this pattern to the test...notice I said this pattern and not historically. From coastal DC 2" Baltimore 2-4" Delco 5-7" PHL 5-8" Bensalem 6-12" TTN 8-12" NYC 15"+ Boston 24" as I see it now fear the models back offe super concerned in this pattern.

patterns not that progressive...theres a 50/50 low in place that acts as a -nao...i really hope you guys get hit hard too and i think you will

Not much info on the clipper part for tonight in the Berks area. Would there be an advisory for tonight along side of the watch or one big warning for everything? Are we still supposed to get a few inches tonight and tomorrow before the big stuff?

if you read the afd this morning from Mt Holly they explained why no advisory for tonight, they did not want to divert attention from the overall scope of the storm Mon-Tue, they are calling for 2-3 near Reading for tonight

Latest Wxsim program using the 6z GFS/NAM combined (No Euro input) - for the NW Chester County area

Light snow arrives by 1230am temp 31.7

4am Mod snow temp 28.0 (1.6")

7am Mod snow temp 27.3 (2.6")

10am Mod snow temp 27.1 (3.7")

1pm light snow temp 27.1 (4.3")

4pm light snow temp 26.9 (4.8")

7pm light snow temp 25.8 (5.2")

930pm Mod snow temp 25.3 (5.3")

1230am (Tues) Heavy snow 24.6 (6.4")

4am Heavy Snow temp 23.6 (11.0")

7am Heavy Snow temp 23.1 (13.0")

10am Moderate Snow temp 22.7 (15.0")

Ends toward 130 pm with snow total at 15.5"

Snow arrives again on Thursday afternoon with another 4" of snow by early Friday AM

Archived