Newest Member
    joxey
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Superstorm in NYC thread:

I thought the ECMWF couldn't get any better, but I don't think I've been so wrong. 2.5" of QPF in Bergen county 72 hour roundup NYC: 2.3" HPN: 2.5" TTN: 2.3" JFK: 2.3" MTK: 2.2" PHL: 1.8" BDR: 2.2"

That number looks a little high for PHL to me, looks more like 1.4ish, which would still be a big coupe of course.

Euro staying strong 3 runs in a row with a PHL-NE bomb. I know NAM is out of its best range, but the differences are staggering. An encouraging sign for those in the Euro camp is the steps that the GFS has taken towards a bigger solution today. I'd love to see the UKMET come on board. Tomorrow should be interesting.

I think we all expected that bullseye to shift NE and would all be over joyed by the EuroWx maps amounts 24" mark kissing northeast Philly and southern Bucks. But the SW quadrants of Miller B's are full of heartbreak. 12z tomorrow should tell the tale with final sampling on the West Coast.

I think we all expected that bullseye to shift NE and would all be over joyed by the EuroWx maps amounts 24" mark kissing northeast Philly and southern Bucks. But the SW quadrants of Miller B's are full of heartbreak. 12z tomorrow should tell the tale with final sampling on the West Coast.

And I'm already expecting just enough bump easy to bump us out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be ware the Miller B cut-off.  It will be deadly.

Last three runs of the EC has shifted the bullseye from southern New England to central NJ to NYC.  Where will it be next run?  Where will the sharp cut-off end up?  Remember boxing day...  5 inches in western NJ to 25" in NYC.

This is point I have been trying to make without being a debbie downer.   The global models often smooth over how abrupt the fringe line is on these storms.   I'm not saying trust the NAM just yet, it isn't in it's best range, but I think anyone west of the Delaware still has a lot of risk of being fringed.   And believe me models can spit out 20 inches for an area and whiff 48 hours later, ask anyone from NYC from Feb 10.

Archived