• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Virus Threat

Cold Miser

That's interesting.  Certainly explains what's happening here.  I have since blocked any ads containing that url among a bunch of others, hopefully that'll help some until there is a fix among ad networks.

You have been around a long time and thus back to the TWC days and we both know there is always gonna be exploits with these kinds of ads. Reasons why many wanted away from TWC and flocked to WWBB etc.. yes a bit had to do with the discussion but those ads on TWC were universally hated because of the exploits, computer slowdown, and how ugly they are.

Is it really that hard to get individual businesses to advertise here? Not sure why it would be with the amount of traffic this place gets. With those there is no third party sites etc and thus risk for exploits are alot lower as you control them..

You got snowplow operators, ski resorts, Model data providers, etc, etc etc.. And with having region forums you have a big advantage via ads focused towards businesses in that region.. Is there any way to tap into that?

• 2 weeks later...

This is still happening.  It's your ads, you need to make a decision which is continue to expose your subscribers to malware when they're not logged in or on other devices, or find a better way to generate revenue.

This one today came while trying to click on a sub thread and required a total shutdown to get rid of.  Fake software update exploit.  Looked just like the real thing.

NOT COOL

Just get rid of the stupid ads.. Why put the users at risk and who knows what potential new members have went elsewhere when they have gotten hit.

Gotta keep the lights on.

I pay for a basic membership to get rid of the ads here, I do that at all the sites I frequent with that option.... ads suck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this forum's got issues.  if it's not from the templates, check with whoever your using as advertisers.  their typically just as shady, but tend to hide around like their the good guys

The adverting networks are Google adsense/ad exchange & Technorati.  Both are major ad networks with a solid reputation.  I never use those foreign small networks that bug me all the time.

Archived