e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
1/5-1/6 clipper system

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't speak for other locations, but snow ratios in lower Michigan look like they could be rather poor...maybe 12:1.  Could potentially be even worse.  Ascent is totally displaced above the DGZ.  Having a deep DGZ doesn't do much good if all your crystal generation is happening above it.

9Z plume for JOT has the mean (after I took out another donk run of 15 inches) up to nearly 8 inches....

all but a few are between 7 and 9 inches...

hard to ignore this late in the game and they did well on NW flow events last winter

ORD clustered tightly around 6-8 but we've added some <3" clunkers

9Z plume for JOT has the mean (after I took out another donk run of 15 inches) up to nearly 8 inches....

all but a few are between 7 and 9 inches...

ORD numbers with same circumstances as above....

7 inches....most are between 6 and 8 inches

DKB has a good grouping between 5-7", which a good band and good ratio may produce. With the south trend, thinking 4" is more realistic

hard to ignore this late in the game and they did well on NW flow events last winter

yeah....kinda head scratching myself...even though I was pulling for similar numbers in my "call" ... but with other guidance thus far through the evening and early this morning it seems odd.  I guess will see if the clunkers pick up some friends in the next run...clearly JOT with a little more wiggle room for higher totals

FWIW, SREF mean is suggesting ratios either side of 30:1 in N IL.  Probably why it's that bullish.

Archived