• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
1/5-1/6 clipper system

Thundersnow12

hard to ignore this late in the game and they did well on NW flow events last winter

ORD clustered tightly around 6-8 but we've added some <3" clunkers

Eh, MBP2 and NMN3 look like Des Moines through Springfield solutions, with SE Iowa being the bullseye.

NMP2 looks to be a general clunker for the entire system, below the mean everywhere I've checked.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

highest ratio I can recall was a 'storm'....using that term generously...that gave us 4" of snow right before xmas 1989.  I think I recall hearing that the qpf was something very close to a tenth of an inch.   It traversed a large part of the country. 

Anyone recall that one?

i was busy playing Zelda

highest ratio I can recall was a 'storm'....using that term generously...that gave us 4" of snow right before xmas 1989.  I think I recall hearing that the qpf was something very close to a tenth of an inch.   It traversed a large part of the country. 

Anyone recall that one?

This one, maybe? CMH on 12/14-15/1989: 4.7" on 0.23" liquid. CVG had 7.0" w/ 0.30" liquid.

Anyone recall that one?

I don't, but that was a really cold period in the US and the thought of high ratio fluff wouldn't be surprising.

edit:  ninja'd

anyone here recall having temps this low....and dropping...as a clipper approaches?   Granted my memory is a bit dusty, but I don't ever recall anything like this.  Usually temps will rise a bit out in front.

it's still pretty far away dude 

that said, lots of station in southern MN still quite a bit below zero.

usually when RST does well, I do well so i'll be watching obs there later.

anyone here recall having temps this low....and dropping...as a clipper approaches?   Granted my memory is a bit dusty, but I don't ever recall anything like this.  Usually temps will rise a bit out in front.

It is pretty cold.  Temps should steady out or maybe rise a bit as it moves through. 

The lowest I remember it being really cold on the morning of a clipper was 2/6/2007. Hit -4˚ for a low, and got up to 12˚ as the clipper passed. Got 6.0" of fluff from that one.

Yeah I mentioned that one earlier.  A bit reminiscent in some ways but not quite as cold on the cold side.  That one had a heck of a thermal gradient...STL reached 45 that day.  :lol:

it's still pretty far away dude

that said, lots of station in southern MN still quite a bit below zero.

usually when RST does well, I do well so i'll be watching obs there later.

Watching this one scoot by to the SW, but just for reference it's still -10F imby as of 10am. Temps should only get up to about 0 today.

Archived