joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Obs Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to winter? It was 24 here this morning, but climbed to 57 by 3 p.m. This is more like October. I haven't posted since last winter, so I might as well share a few pics with my old friends.

post-8754-0-59631000-1421541006_thumb.jp

This was last weekend at the pond down the hill... It was frozen over for the first time this season.

post-8754-0-15045800-1421541925_thumb.jp

This was New Year's Eve in the Great Smokies south of Gatlinburg

post-8754-0-99912400-1421541973_thumb.jp

This was this morning. A very heavy frost covered everything.

What happened to winter? It was 24 here this morning, but climbed to 57 by 3 p.m. This is more like October. I haven't posted since last winter, so I might as well share a few pics with my old friends.

attachicon.gifice small 1.jpg

This was last weekend at the pond down the hill... It was frozen over for the first time this season.

attachicon.gifsmall snow bridge.jpg

This was New Year's Eve in the Great Smokies south of Gatlinburg

attachicon.gifsmall frost.jpg

This was this morning. A very heavy frost covered everything.

Never mind the pretty pictures. Do you still have my old school chair?  :)

Nice pics, MM.  Good to see you around.  You used to post some beautiful frosty winter morning pictures.  It's time to bring those back.  :)

62°F Partly Cloudy

For those who have been snow weary all winter, I hope you took time to relax and indulge in the pleasant wx this week. You're gonna be begging for this type of weather come May or June.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last few days of warmth. Now that I've got my warmth fix, I'm ready for some snow.

Yep....... we've got those mostly conditions going on outside right now!!!

THE OTHER CONCERN REMAINS THE LIKELY PROBABILITY OF A PATCH OF LOW CLOUDS AND ASSOCIATED PERIOD OF MOSTLY CONDITIONS AFFECTING THE TRIANGLE AND PARTICULARLY POINTS NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS THE FAR NORTHEAST PIEDMONT AND NORTHERN COASTAL PLAIN ROUGHLY BETWEEN 12-18Z

Archived