CHSVol
Christmas Grinch Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West is still the way to go

Looking wet for mby

Actually, trends are looking pretty good for NE IL right now and have been for the past few days if you look at the overall model picture (crazy solutions set aside), but there's very little room for movement. If we get plastered by a few inches of slop Xmas eve, it's obviously welcome, but even by midday Thursday it'll be drip drip drip out there.

Edit: I do think where you'll be in McHenry County looks better. This is more of late fall/early winter type event, which the city rarely does well with.

Actually, trends are looking pretty good for NE IL right now and have been for the past few days if you look at the overall model picture (crazy solutions set aside), but there's very little room for movement. If we get plastered by a few inches of slop Xmas eve, it's obviously welcome, but even by midday Thursday it'll be drip drip drip out there.

Edit: I do think where you'll be in McHenry County looks better. This is more of late fall/early winter type event, which the city rarely does well with.

I'm not going to drive out there is the weather is bad.

Gosh the NAM is bad. Huge step west from last nights 0z run. Night and day

The trough has been trending slightly better for a couple runs now, it's going to keep translating to a stronger/west surface low on the next few runs as well. Hi-res has the right idea here with the more aggressive deepening.

RFD to moneyman call is looking so money

nam4km_ref_us_17.png

nam4km_ref_frzn_us_19.png

Actually the nam is now more similar in track to the euro & ukmet. The gfs far westward track is still the outlier. Any other time everyone would praise the EURO, especially when its been the only consistent model with its track lol. And no this is not a wish casting post, I have said from the start I expected nothing but some wraparound snow, hoping that would work out. Just saying ;)

I'll wait to see the soundings, but verbatim that looks like a wet snow with some rain mixed in, definitely not accumulating though.

it looks like a low end advisory hit for the western burbs, we might get enough for a technical white xmas

pgfs looks to continue to support the already consistent op with the big picture

If northern IL ends up with the hit then the GFS bros will have scored a huge win over the Euro.  Euro hasn't showed anything that far west since when it first advertised the bomb about 4 days ago. 

Some of these scenarios would make for an extremely difficult forecast for the DVN area with a very sharp cutoff on the western edge.

Archived