joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - December-January 2014-15

djr5001

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I will say it's quite nice out there...a hoody and jeans is plenty. Still holding on hope for at least a coating from the wraparound.

I think we'll get more than a coating from it, even. Maybe 1-2 inches. Should finally be cold enough for no melt, which is the only reason it'll actually pile up.

Tamaqua must be Pennsylvania's version of San Diego. 

Sometimes I think so. Funny thing is, back in the 1990's I bought a Weather Almanac that was published by The Weather Channel. In that book, one segment showed the wettest locations for each state based on historical averages, and it listed Tamaqua as PA's wettest location. If I can find it, I'll take a pic of the page it's on.

I think we'll get more than a coating from it, even. Maybe 1-2 inches. Should finally be cold enough for no melt, which is the only reason it'll actually pile up.

Profile is finally cold enough for all snow... just a matter of how much is able to wrap around and move into PA now.  Maps like this one below I think are misleading and make it look like more snow is expected than what will actually occur with the way they have their ranges compared to forecasts. map_specnewsdct-97_ltst_4namus_enus_980x

Profile is finally cold enough for all snow... just a matter of how much is able to wrap around and move into PA now.  Maps like this one below I think are misleading and make it look like more snow is expected than what will actually occur with the way they have their ranges compared to forecasts.

Yeah, showing 3-5 right down I-81 to Pine Grove. I'll believe it when I see it. So far all the precip that was in Eastern PA has fizzled out.

Glad I didn't expect anything out of this storm. A hard one to predict even small amounts in our area.

The NE  10-12 years ago that was to give lsv a foot or more gave zero to Western Lancaster Co . Eastern  Lancaster co and Chester  Co got 8 plus. I remember getting out of the cruiser at 1 am to take a leak and see stars. Cleanest  shut off I ever seen on radar. Anyone remember the exact date of that. It has been talked about in the past here.

Archived