• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
ChescoPaWxman

Pre-Turkey Day Storm Obs (Rain,Snow, Sleet...Cloudy)

University City has been switching between rain, rain/ snow mix and mostly snow for the past hour.  ATM mostly snow not sticking to anything.  

some sleet mixing in periodically now in NE Philly, but mostly wet snow, still only sticking to cars.  temps are down to 33 by me though.

I just had a close lightning strike and a crash of thunder. It is snowing with a coating on the ground. That scared the heck out of me.

Lightning/Thunder in Horsham PA...damn! Rolling thunder!!

The timing between the flash and thunder was only a couple seconds so it must have been somewhere down in the SE Mont Co, N Philly, area.

That had to have been positively charged lightning because of the brightness of the strike and the rolling thunder afterwards. It wasn't a quick flash, it lasted longer.

rt903 is fun isn't it? going down the big hill on Maury rd to the turnpike?

Yep. Almost home. My neighbor sent the pic to the wx channel and they just sent me a picture of it on the air. Lol.

I'm stuck in traffic and my family and friends are partying up 3 miles away.

They just started waving us through off 903. It looks like it's closed heading toward the hazel market and hickory run. No traffic allowed to move ahead.

Funny, I heard a loud rumble outside, I live next to the NE airport so thought it was a plane even though it sounded like thunder. My dad in Warminster calls me literally as it is happening and says he saw lightning and heard thunder.