joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one must look into the models bias and recognize that the euro has a history of of over amping and ejecting energy in the SWern conus which is why we're seeing a strong SE ridge, take a look at the GFS at 240 then 252 and you'll see its transient and that at 252 we have KU pattern in place.

Dear God, this guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. And that is coming from me with a lack of knowledge, but you make me feel like einstein

**** I just gave you a 5 day ban intended for Tony. Will fix it now.  You might be blocked for an hour or so.  Sorry.  

one must look into the models bias and recognize that the euro has a history of of over amping and ejecting energy in the SWern conus which is why we're seeing a strong SE ridge, take a look at the GFS at 240 then 252 and you'll see its transient and that at 252 we have KU pattern in place.

Agree. GEFS sets up a great pattern after Christmas

There were only three posts needed in here overnight.

1. Gefs have a great pattern in the LR.

2. Consider the Euro bias of over amplifying s/w in the Southwest often results in a flexed SE ridge downstream.

3. Ggem does not match the euro.

The rest is noise. TonyLovesSnow...glad he was taken care of. The dopey bets should be moved to banter. 90% of this is banter.

The only thing I am confident of to an extent right now is that the trailing disturbance from 12/21 will become some sort of storm and likely mitigate the 12/24 event and result in it being more East.  I do think the SE ridge is likely too strong but my concern is not that as much as it is many of the GFS ensembles also wanting to show most of the cold centered in the middle of the US with maybe 2-3 showing a SE ridge.  Its hard to imagine a SE ridge if the -NAO develops but if it does not the AK ridge is certainly far enough west that it could happen.  Also some of the GFS ensembles have a GOA low again by Day 13 or a collapsing at least of the western ridge.

The only thing I am confident of to an extent right now is that the trailing disturbance from 12/21 will become some sort of storm and likely mitigate the 12/24 event and result in it being more East. I do think the SE ridge is likely too strong but my concern is not that as much as it is many of the GFS ensembles also wanting to show most of the cold centered in the middle of the US with maybe 2-3 showing a SE ridge. Its hard to imagine a SE ridge if the -NAO develops but if it does not the AK ridge is certainly far enough west that it could happen. Also some of the GFS ensembles have a GOA low again by Day 13 or a collapsing at least of the western ridge.

Good point about the pesky 21st storm. First it was snow, then no, now just strong enough to be rain AND potentially cause another delay in the pattern change. Yes, it bares watching. Nothing we can do but see how it plays out.

1st of all if that SE is remotely real after day 10 I would be both shocked and would jump for joy.

You guys don't realize that you don't live at 5k feet . When you have a neg epo/ao regime your flow is right out if the arctic so your 2 m temps will b colder than what you would normally think when seeing a SE ridge.

Now why would I jump for joy ? Because you would cut the jet under Frigid air and the SWs would be forced under the confluence .

A SW every 3 days would run right near where the baroclinic zone sets up so you would set up a gradient pattern .

Nothing had chanted the epo heads neg by day 9

nothing has changed on the ensembles

Rain bro.

Maybe he means for Flint MI .

I wanted to add to the earlier post for those who see that SE ridge and got nervous. That's only a product of the xmas retrogression of the ULL west so the ridge has no resistance. It's temporary.

The 27th cuts not because of the ridge but because the xmas low pulls the trough axis west.

Once the 27th system comes east that's ur cold front and then the pattern will have changed.

Everything pretty much following according to the El Nino winter schedule where it

usually takes until January or February for improvement in the snowfall department.

For the crew growing up in the very Nino 80's, this was par for the course. It usually

takes a series of late December strong cutters to finally pull the cold into the

east to start January. But notice the big change to Canada cold that is showing 

up over the last week of December.

Archived