joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4km NAM looks good for flakes today and into the night.  Here is a graphic I put up for my followers on what it shows.  The 4km even suggests some snow showers just east of Charlotte, but I am more included to believe the valleys here will see snow over the Piedmont locations but who knows.  Could be an interesting event especially for those on the TN border.

wt6tlf.jpg

4km NAM looks good for flakes today and into the night.  Here is a graphic I put up for my followers on what it shows.  The 4km even suggests some snow showers just east of Charlotte, but I am more included to believe the valleys here will see snow over the Piedmont locations but who knows.  Could be an interesting event especially for those on the TN border.

wt6tlf.jpg

I agree ward. We are seeing some snow this morning actually. Just blowing around though. Temp is down to 23 degrees with a stiff wind. Going to be wicked today. Be safe and stay warm everyone.

Roads were a mess earlier today, most of the main roads were even covered. Solid inch or so

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1420660862.201556.jpg

I have fond memories of that building on the right, Walker Hall.  Lots of great mathematics professors there at ASU, and they're really good at instruction, not just research like at many of the larger universities.

It's also where I had my first teaching experiences as a graduate assistant teaching MAT 1020 College Algebra and MAT 2810 Elementary Probability and Statistics.

Starting to accumulate here on the ground in Candler with off and on light to moderate snow showers. This snow is having no problem sticking to anything with how cold it has been. What a nice little treat.

yeah this late afternoon once the snow picked up the roads went white. Very slick out according to ems workers. Not sure about temp as I am at work but yeah Temps are dropping like a rock.

Archived