joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really impressive that a single event south of Buffalo can rival the second snowiest season

on record for NYC.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/climate/records/snowiestwintersmonths.html

...ERIE COUNTY...

4 S CHEEKTOWAGA 65.0 1004 AM 11/19 ESTIMATED

LANCASTER 63.0 944 AM 11/19 NWS EMPLOYEE

In my opinion there's no way those total are accurate. Weren't there reports of up to 50" by 11am-12pm yesterday with snow falling 3-5" per hour for another 7-10+ hrs? It's a shame that we will never know how much really fell.

Really impressive that a single event south of Buffalo can rival the second snowiest season

on record for NYC.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/climate/records/snowiestwintersmonths.html

...ERIE COUNTY...

4 S CHEEKTOWAGA 65.0 1004 AM 11/19 ESTIMATED

LANCASTER 63.0 944 AM 11/19 NWS EMPLOYEE

Was on Realtor.com yesterday looking at places in Hamburg . It`s gotta be a sickness. 

Wait, are you talking about this upcoming weekend or the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I thought you were talking about next weekend. Looks like low 60s for early next week before it gets cold again.

I'm talking about both. The system cutting all the way to the UP of Michigan changes everything, waiting to see what happens.

I don't care about the cold or warmth just give me a snowstorm is all I care about right now.

Unfortunately there could be an agonizing wait for that as the pattern is highly unfavorable for any snow events and doesn't look to change anytime soon. All indices will be unfavorable heading into December with a bad Atlantic and Pacific.

I don't care about the cold or warmth just give me a snowstorm is all I care about right now.

Unfortunately there could be an agonizing wait for that as the pattern is highly unfavorable for any snow events and doesn't look to change anytime soon. All indices will be unfavorable heading into December with a bad Atlantic and Pacific.

NAO goes positive and then drops down.

nao.sprd2.gif

PNA

pna.sprd2.gif

Looks to stay neutral

AO is going to rise and then fall.

ao.sprd2.gif

Euro agrees with the GGEM on a Thanksgiving weekend torch.

That cutter may actually help us down the road as many of them have acted as an archambalt event if you will. Wouldnt be too surprised if models start adjusting the coastal potential Turkey day due to the cutters upstream and downstream effects as we move towards the weekend

Archived