joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2014

mackerel_sky

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody put out an APB/BOLO for Brick! He hasn't been in here complaining about it being too hot to play basketball and how wrong WRAL is all the time! My concern is growing, it's been 2 or 3 days since we've had one of his quality posts!?

O k, there may have never been a quality post, but maybe his wife took away his computer !?

Somebody put out an APB/BOLO for Brick! He hasn't been in here complaining about it being too hot to play basketball and how wrong WRAL is all the time! My concern is growing, it's been 2 or 3 days since we've had one of his quality posts!?

O k, there may have never been a quality post, but maybe his wife took away his computer !?

Says he hasn't logged in since the 20th.  Maybe his old lady took the keys away.

Ugh..... Here it comes.

post-130-0-59412000-1408792217_thumb.png

CLICK HERE TO SEE NSFW SECOND PART: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/winter_is_coming

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREAT FALLS MT
902 PM MDT FRI AUG 22 2014

MTZ009-048-231800-
/O.CON.KTFX.WW.Y.0039.140823T0400Z-140823T1800Z/
NORTHERN ROCKY MOUNTAIN FRONT-SOUTHERN ROCKY MOUNTAIN FRONT-
INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS...LOGAN PASS
902 PM MDT FRI AUG 22 2014

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT
SATURDAY FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE 6500 FEET...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE 6500 FEET FOR SNOW REMAINS
IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT SATURDAY.

* TIMING: A PERIOD OF WET SNOW IS EXPECTED TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY
MORNING ALONG THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN FRONT INCLUDING GLACIER
NATIONAL PARK AND THE BOB MARSHALL WILDERNESS.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: ACCUMULATING SNOW OF 1 TO 3 INCHES IS
EXPECTED ABOVE 7000 FEET. AT LOGAN PASS...UP TO ONE INCH OF
SNOW AND SLUSH IS POSSIBLE WITH SNOW INITIALLY MELTING ON
GROUND AND ROAD SURFACES.

* VISIBILITY: LESS THAN ONE MILE AT TIMES.

* ELEVATIONS: FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE 6500 FEET.

* IMPACTS: TRAVEL WILL BECOME DIFFICULT OVER GOING-TO-THE-SUN
ROAD. COLD AND WET CONDITIONS CAN ALSO LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA.

* LOCATIONS AFFECTED INCLUDE: LOGAN PASS.

* TO SEE A GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION OF THIS HAZARD PLEASE VISIT
OUR WEB PAGE AND CLICK ON THE DETAILED HAZARDS TAB

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE
TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED
VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

FOR SPECIFIC ROAD AND TRAVEL CONDITIONS IN MONTANA...DIAL 5 1 1.

&&

$

I'll be in savannah myself starting on saturday!

Lol, people are coming to Savannah from all over. Enjoy the beautiful downtown. Go to Tybee and cool off! I'm glad I'm not in GA now. (I'm in cooler CO thank goodness.) With all of these visitors to SAV, where are the long awaited (one year) moles?

NC weather board comment was made out of frustration but there is some truth there. When I'm getting pounded by a nasty storm and there is nobody around me who is experiencing it and talking about it.

The whole board seems to be dead these days unless there is a tropical system or a winter storm to track. It looks like no one really cares about the severe thunderstorms unless there is a threat of a big tornado outbreak.

The whole board seems to be dead these days unless there is a tropical system or a winter storm to track. It looks like no one really cares about the severe thunderstorms unless there is a threat of a big tornado outbreak.

Absolutely! NOBODY talks about severe weather or the threat of severe weather...especially in the severe weather, obs, or pattern discussion threads.

Absolutely! NOBODY talks about severe weather or the threat of severe weather...especially in the severe weather, obs, or pattern discussion threads.

Maybe 3 or 4 posters, but that's it. Even when there are severe storms around, it's not that many. It is definitely not the same as it is for winter storms and hurricanes.

I'll be in savannah myself starting on saturday!

:thumbsup: Make sure you go to the chocolate factory!

NC weather board comment was made out of frustration but there is some truth there. When I'm getting pounded by a nasty storm and there is nobody around me who is experiencing it and talking about it.

I feel your pain :(

:lol:

Epic hurricane coming to possibly hit NC, SC, FL, and GA. It's possibly going to be a cat 4 rivaling Hugo.

indeed :lol:

REO Speedwagon is better live that I thought they would be.

They are still awesome :wub:

They really sounded great. I was surprised.

Hey buddy, what's wrong with Foreigner??! You ain't far behind me. #bouttobe40hahahahamackisold

They had one good song, IMO - Jukebox Hero!

I guess I discovered music in the mid 80s hair band days! Give me some : Poison, Cindarella, GNR,Skid Row, etc. Right around 2000 or so, I did see Boston in concert in Charlotte at the amphitheater , and they were great! Tastes change as you get older , I guess, my last concert about a year ago was Bob Seger, lol! It was awesome tho!! :)

They had one good song, IMO - Jukebox Hero!

I guess I discovered music in the mid 80s hair band days! Give me some : Poison, Cindarella, GNR,Skid Row, etc. Right around 2000 or so, I did see Boston in concert in Charlotte at the amphitheater , and they were great! Tastes change as you get older , I guess, my last concert about a year ago was Bob Seger, lol! It was awesome tho!! :)

I bet Bob Seger would be good! The last concert I saw was probably TSO last year. If you haven't seen them, that's something to check out for sure. Going to see Lyle Lovett at the DPAC next week.

I bet Bob Seger would be good! The last concert I saw was probably TSO last year. If you haven't seen them, that's something to check out for sure. Going to see Lyle Lovett at the DPAC next week.

I've wondered about TSO. A few years back, I saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas extravaganza, it was really good. He played some Christhmas stuff , some Stray Cats stuff, etc. he's a good rockabilly/50s style guitarist , he's coming again this year, I would see it again!

I've wondered about TSO. A few years back, I saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas extravaganza, it was really good. He played some Christhmas stuff , some Stray Cats stuff, etc. he's a good rockabilly/50s style guitarist , he's coming again this year, I would see it again!

Setzer is awesome! And TSO is a must see! I guarantee you won't regret it.

I've seen TSO twice, once in Tallahassee and the other in Birmingham. Both shows were epic. Definitely worth the $!

This year, they're doing their 2nd Christmas album for the first time. We go every year. Definitely worth it, like you said.

On another note, I did the ice bucket challenge today. It was a tad chilly. :)

I think the weatherbots had a hiccup this morning... Unless it's a test message :D

AAQ issues Tsunami Warning for Delaware Beaches, Inland Sussex, Kent [DE] and 41 forecast zones in [FL] and Coastal Rockingham [NH] and Atlantic Coastal Cape May, Cape May, Coastal Atlantic, Coastal Ocean, Cumberland, Eastern Essex, Eastern Monmouth, Eastern Union, Hudson, Middlesex, Western Monmouth [NJ] and ((NLZ110)), ((NLZ120)), ((NLZ131)), ((NLZ132)), ((NLZ140)), ((NLZ210)), ((NLZ220)), ((NLZ230)), ((NLZ241)), ((NLZ242)), ((NLZ340)), ((NLZ510)), ((NLZ520)), ((NLZ530)), ((NLZ540)), ((NLZ560)), ((NLZ570)), ((NLZ610)), ((NLZ710)), ((NLZ720)), ((NLZ730)), ((NLZ740)), ((NLZ750)), ((NLZ760)), ((NLZ770)) [NL] and Aransas, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Coastal Cameron, Coastal Willacy, Galveston, Harris, Jefferson, Kenedy, Kleberg, Matagorda, Nueces, Orange, Refugio, San Patricio [TX] and East Cameron, Iberia, Lower Jefferson, Lower Lafourche, Lower Plaquemines, Lower St. Bernard, Lower Terrebonne, Orleans, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Upper St. Bernard, Vermilion, West Cameron [LA] and ((NBZ550)), ((NBZ570)), ((NBZ641)), ((NBZ660)) [NB] and Beaufort, Bertie, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Coastal Brunswick, Coastal New Hanover, Coastal Pender, Eastern Currituck, Mainland Hyde, Onslow, Outer Banks Dare, Outer Banks Hyde, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell, Washington, Western Currituck, Western Dare [NC] and Bronx, Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Northeast Suffolk, Northern Nassau, Northern Queens, Northwest Suffolk, Richmond (Staten Is.), Southeast Suffolk, Southern Nassau, Southern Queens, Southern Westchester, Southwest Suffolk [NY] and ((NSZ110)), ((NSZ120)), ((NSZ130)), ((NSZ140)), ((NSZ150)), ((NSZ160)), ((NSZ170)), ((NSZ210)), ((NSZ230)), ((NSZ250)), ((NSZ260)), ((NSZ270)), ((NSZ280)), ((NSZ320)), ((NSZ410)), ((NSZ430)), ((NSZ440)), ((NSZ450)) [NS] and Block Island, Bristol, Eastern Kent, Newport, Southeast Providence, Washington [RI] and Accomack, Gloucester, Mathews, Newport News/Hampton, Norfolk/Portsmouth, Northampton, Virginia Beach, York [VA] and St Croix, St.Thomas...St. John.. and Adjacent Islands [VI] and 30 forecast zones in [AM] and Lower Baldwin, Lower Mobile, Upper Baldwin, Upper Mobile [AL] and 45 forecast zones in [AN] and Coastal Bryan, Coastal Camden, Coastal Chatham, Coastal Glynn, Coastal Liberty, Coastal McIntosh [GA] and 51 forecast zones in [GM] and Southern Fairfield, Southern Middlesex, Southern New Haven, Southern New London [CT] and Coastal Cumberland, Coastal Hancock, Coastal Waldo, Coastal Washington, Coastal York, Interior Waldo, Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc [ME] and Maryland Beaches [MD] and Barnstable, Dukes, Eastern Essex, Eastern Norfolk, Eastern Plymouth, Nantucket, Southern Bristol, Southern Plymouth [MA] and ((QCZ670)), ((QCZ680)) [QC] and Hancock, Harrison, Jackson [MS] and Culebra, Mayaguez and Vicinity, North Central, Northeast, Northwest, Ponce and Vicinity, San Juan and Vicinity, Southeast, Southwest, Vieques [PR] and Beaufort, Charleston, Coastal Colleton, Coastal Georgetown, Coastal Horry, Coastal Jasper, Tidal Berkeley [sC] till Aug 25, 9:07 AM EDT

I've had problems today with my local NWS page. This might explain why --- via The Vane.

If you've been trying to look up your forecast on the National Weather Service's website this afternoon, you may have noticed that the forecasts are days out of date or not loading at all. Apparently, this is the result of a single "abusive" Android app overloading the agency's servers.

The National Weather Service's Telecommunication Operation Center sent out an alert on its status page this afternoon:

http://thevane.gawker.com/a-single-android-app-is-crippling-the-natl-weather-serv-1626643943?utm_content=bufferdf4c2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

NOXX01

KWBC 251835

TO - ALL CUSTOMERS

S
UBJECT - POINT FORECAST ISSUES

WE ARE PROVIDING NOTICE TO ALL THAT NIDS HAS IDENTIFIED AN ABUSING ANDROID APP THAT IS IMPACTING FORECAST.WEATHER.GOV. WE HAVE FORCED ALL SITES TO ZONES WHILE WE WORK WITH THE DEVELOPER. AKAMAI IS BEING ENGAGED TO BLOCK THE APPLICATION. WE CONTINUE TO WORK ON THIS ISSUE AND APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AS WE WORK TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

. NIDS - KM

Archived