joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2014

mackerel_sky

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've really got to watch the delivery methods.  Mathematics can be a dangerous game.  It's not for the faint of heart.  The public  should be aware of the risks that are involved with giving our children too much knowledge.

I think the teacher was charged with dividing by zero and failure to follow the order of operations.

You've really got to watch the delivery methods. Mathematics can be a dangerous game. It's not for the faint of heart. The public should be aware of the risks that are involved with giving our children too much knowledge.

Risk is an integral part of today's education process, though it's sometimes difficult to differentiate between who's learning and who's teaching. There are certainly pluses and minuses to the actions of the educated, which are usually the derivatives of knowledge. :)

I think the teacher was charged with dividing by zero and failure to follow the order of operations.

:clap:

Risk is an integral part of today's education process, though it's sometimes difficult to differentiate between who's learning and who's teaching. There are certainly pluses and minuses to the actions of the educated, which are usually the derivatives of knowledge. :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

After spending the summer in my own backyard version of Venice, (except there are no Italians, fine architecture, or even good Italian food), I have determined 2 things: (1) Gondolas are underrated & (2) gigantic, waterlogged squash and zucchini are meant to be displayed rather than eaten, because they taste terrible. Like, unacceptably terrible. You know how there are certain foods that have a terrible taste, but because they're super nutritious you generally accept it? No. There is no redeeming reason to eat giant, waterlogged squash and/or zucchini.

And I'm pretty sure it's not good sign when the mosquitos and hummingbirds can look each other in the eye when perched atop the feeder. One of the mosquitos was wearing a biker jacket with a "West Nile" patch sewn on the back. The name on the front read "Big Show", and it wasn't even ironic.

After spending the summer in my own backyard version of Venice, (except there are no Italians, fine architecture, or even good Italian food), I have determined 2 things: (1) Gondolas are underrated & (2) gigantic, waterlogged squash and zucchini are meant to be displayed rather than eaten, because they taste terrible. Like, unacceptably terrible. You know how there are certain foods that have a terrible taste, but because they're super nutritious you generally accept it? No. There is no redeeming reason to eat giant, waterlogged squash and/or zucchini.

And I'm pretty sure it's not good sign when the mosquitos and hummingbirds can look each other in the eye when perched atop the feeder. One of the mosquitos was wearing a biker jacket with a "West Nile" patch sewn on the back. The name on the front read "Big Show", and it wasn't even ironic.

Welcome back, Bevo.  Good to see you drop in.  It's been dry in my microclimate for May and June.  Then, the switch flipped for the latter half of July through now.  Lots of rain now recently.  No super-sized mosquitoes here, though.

Didn't have any rain at all yesterday. Didn't have really any rain after noon on Saturday. No rain so far today. Hopefully, we are done for the rain for a while.

Looks like the rain shields have moved from the Triad to the Triangle because the last three days have been dreary and rainy, which is fine by me.  The rain is nice.

However, the rain shields will be moving back in tomorrow and we'll return to desert conditions. (slight sarcasm, obviously ;))

Do any of you have your own personal 'standard of measurement' when it's raining? Me.... well when it starts dripping of the side porch roof, I know at least .01" has fallen.  When the little dip in the road in front of the house starts puddling, that's .03". When  you can see water in the ditch across the road, and it a new rainfall, well, that takes .50" for it to show.

Do any of you have your own personal 'standard of measurement' when it's raining? Me.... well when it starts dripping of the side porch roof, I know at least .01" has fallen.  When the little dip in the road in front of the house starts puddling, that's .03". When  you can see water in the ditch across the road, and it a new rainfall, well, that takes .50" for it to show.

This is a science board. We have standards!!

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Rain-Gauge-out-of-a-Plastic-Bottle

Yeah. my Davis Vantage Pro :P

Bevo! What's up man? Been wondering where you were. Now it's making sense. You've been wasting all summer in the back yard playing with mosquitobirds and eating gourds. Better rest up for the big 2xD trip, followed by a huge winter of model watching and snowfall measuring! Glad to hear from you, bud. :)

Archived