joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2014

mackerel_sky

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is amazing to me that years after Stone Cold Steve Austin started the What? chant and such a long time has passed without him being part of Raw in any meaningful capacity that the audiences still chant What? during promos. What a footprint that made! That has to be one of the greatest wrestling gimmicks of all time.

It is amazing to me that years after Stone Cold Steve Austin started the What? chant and such a long time has passed without him being part of Raw in any meaningful capacity that the audiences still chant What? during promos. What a footprint that made! That has to be one of the greatest wrestling gimmicks of all time.

steve-austin-o.gif

The greatest gimmick still has to go to Nature Boy Rick Flair! Whooooooooooooo! I still do that atleast once a day! :)

So the DD2 date of Nov 14 th . That would be a Friday. Are we really going to shoot for a Saturday the 15th for the get together? I'm all in, and seriously wanting to do it! Who's in and is Concord Mills Mall a decent common ground ? That's about a 2 hr drive for me!?

I'm in 100%. Concord is good. It's about 3 hrs for me, but that's cool.

It's dead as a doornail in here today. Just landed in Chicago. Hopefully, I can find a good place to get a steak. :)

CR/Fraz,

Suggestions I got from a lifelong Chicagoan:

Downtown: Gibson's on Rush St.(maybe the best), Chic. Chop  House

Chicago River (downtown, too): Smith & Molesky's (sp?), Chic,. Steak House

Near O'Hare: Gibson's in Rosemont

Sports themes: Ditka's (He saw Mike there), Harry Carey's although he hasn't actually eaten there

Steak : ~$25-$30 or more most places

CR/Fraz,

Sports themes: Ditka's (He saw Mike there), Harry Carey's although he hasn't actually eaten there

You are the man sir. Thank You. I like where your thoughts are regarding winter as well.

CR/Fraz,

Suggestions I got from a lifelong Chicagoan:

Downtown: Gibson's on Rush St.(maybe the best), Chic. Chop House

Sports themes: Ditka's (He saw Mike there), Harry Carey's although he hasn't actually eaten there

I'm still scoping it out. Gibsons is at least $40 for a decent low-end steak and it goes north from there. Most of these places are also a la carte. Not sure how to get out for less than a buck/buck twenty five, if you do it right.

Thanks for the suggestions sir!

CR/Fraz, YW

Here is Chicago steak rest. list with revisions/additions:

Chicago River (downtown, too): Smith & Wolensky's, Chic. Cut Steakhouse (corrected)

Additional: 1) Del Frisco's "mind blowing hanging wine cellar" on Oak St.

2) Gene & Georgetti is "old school Italian steakhouse", "excellent and full of Chicago character"

You just met a legend! That's awesome! You didn't get a pic/selfie?

I got a blurry picture that would make a good audition for Ghost Hunters. I couldn't figure out how to turn the camera around for a selfie while we were outside in the good light (this iPhone is still new to me!!) I did, however, shake his hand and tell him how big of a Bulls fan I am! :)

Just met Mike Ditka, so that was cool.

Fraz, I ate dinner at Ditka's steakhouse. Not the best I have ever had, but very good anyway. And apparently, he comes in frequently. :)

I'm jealous :P

I got a blurry picture that would make a good audition for Ghost Hunters. I couldn't figure out how to turn the camera around for a selfie while we were outside in the good light (this iPhone is still new to me!!) I did, however, shake his hand and tell him how big of a Bulls fan I am! :)

:lol:

That's way cool CR. Ditka was a great coach. My favourite "Bulls" player will always be William "Da Fridge" Perry

Walter Payton :wub:

Archived